𝐯𝐢𝐢. they discover the truth

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DIANA AND LUCY guided their siblings over the snowy landscapes of Narnia, passing over the lamppost from before as they tried to remember the location of Tumnus's house.

Diana was still not used to the cold by now and she tightened the coat around her body as they continued on walking away from the wardrobe, her and Lucy in the lead.

"Lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots and lots of — " Lucy stopped in her tracks.

Diana glanced in front of her and noticed that the door from Tumnus's home was knocked down, which meant that something was wrong.

"Lu? Di?" Peter called when she noticed the girls' silence.

Lucy didn't reply and ran into the house immediately with her siblings following behind, entering the hidden house over the rocks and tried hard in not damaging the door any further.

Once Diana stepped in, her face paled at the messy state of the house. The stacked books from the shelves were on the floor and some of them were ripped. The chairs and tables were flipped over along with some couches, and candles were laying all over the floor.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy asked.

Peter's sight caught attention to a poster nailed to the wall, so he carefully grabbed it without ripping the paper and read out:

"'The Faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police'."

Diana leaned for a better look over Peter's shoulder and saw a red paw print painted over the words.

"'Long Live the Queen'," Peter finished.

"All right. Now we really should go back," Susan said.

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asked.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do," Susan explained.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lucy looked up at her.

"We're the humans," Diana confessed. "She found out he helped us."

"Maybe we could call the police," Peter suggested.

"These are the police," Susan pointed over to the poster.

Peter kneeled down to Lucy's level. "Don't worry, Lu. We'll think of something."