𝐱𝐱𝐢. through the forest

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE GROUP WALKED through the deep walls of the forest, surrounded by nothing else than trees, plants, bushes and boulders as they made their way deeper into the land, searching for the group of hidden Narnians.

"I don't remember this way," Susan argued.

"That's the problem with girls," Peter replied, looking back from his place in the front of the group. "You can't carry a map in your heads."

"Says the boy that probably has an hollow spot in his head," Diana replied back with a roll of her eyes.

"Exactly, our heads have something in them," Lucy added and smirked in triumph along with her oldest sister.

"I wish he'd just listen to the D.L.F. in the first place," Susan muttered as she fell back into step with Diana and Lucy.

"D.L.F?" Edmund questioned.

"Dear little friend," Lucy smiled sheepishly.

"Oh, that's not at all patronizing, is it?" Diana heard Trumpkin mutter under his breath before following behind them.

Peter led the group through the rocks and stopped in his tracks when he didn't seem to recognize the trail. He closed his eyes in frustration and stared over the boulders.

"I'm not lost."

"No," Trumpkin said. "You're just going the wrong way."

"You last saw Caspian at the Shuddering Woods, and the quickest way there is to cross at the River Rush," Peter snapped.

"But unless I'm mistaken, there's no crossing in these parts."

"That explains it, then. You're mistaken." Peter argued stubbornly and turned on his heel, leading the group behind him.

They all kept walking through the immense forest and Diana was already growing tired of the thousands of insects trying to get to her, and her feet were growing sore. She couldn't complain though, it would only get her a roll of eyes from her younger brother.

The walk was too long for her own good until Peter stopped in his tracks, looking down at the ground. Diana and Susan joined by his side and their eyes widened at the change of the landscape, seeing how the river was too far from where they stood.

"You see, over time, water erodes the earth's soil, carving deeper — " Susan explained.

"Oh, shut up." Peter muttered.