PART 3

"I don't even know where to begin!" Swatch was pacing from one place to another. Spamton on the couch with his head hanging low. His hands making that anxious movement he was growing accustomed to. "I told you right after we saw each other to go home. Just turn back and go home!" Their voice was not forgiving.

Spamton understood them. He would be mad as well if it was his job that was at stake. It just... It was hard to explain or comprehend what happened back there.

"What were you even thinking? You knew how dangerous was if someone saw you!" Swatch ran their hands through their feathers. "Have you any idea of what could have happened to you if I didn't intervene?!" The horror expression was back. They didn't even want to imagine it.

"[[SORRY, SORRY, SORRY]]" The glitch spurted repeatedly. "I WAS GOING TO RETURN! I SWEAR. I JUST..." He sighed. The images of whatever was that thing he saw down there haunting his mind. "I DON'T KNOW." He hugged his legs close to his chest.

Swatch looked at him. He looked really small and upset but they didn't want to let this slide easily. There were so many things at risk, not just their job but Spamton's well-being as well.

They took a deep breath trying to calm themselves. They still wanted to give him a piece of their mind but for some reason their roommate seemed... sad? Tired even.

"I just want to understand." They placed themselves in front of him. "What happened?" Swatch looked at him with expectant eyes. "Please..."

Spamton gripped his legs tighter. The voices in his head telling him he must not tell them about it. They wouldn't understand. But another part of him wanted to speak to get the experience out of his chest and he knew that Swatch was the perfect one to talk to.

But where to begin?

He opened his mouth, then shut it. Then opened it again, no noise was coming out.

It was as if something or someone wanted to control what he could or could not say.

"Spamton?" Their voice resonated in the mess he called his head. "Are you alright?" They saw glimpses of what could be static in their friend's eyes through the glasses, but they were still their pink and yellow tones.

He wanted to scream [[NO!]] Instead, he nodded. He didn't want to.

"Then why I do not believe you?" Their voice was stern, their frustration with his stubbornness clear.

"It's none of your business." He said curtly.

Swatch frowned at the salesman sudden attitude. At this point, they were really trying so hard not to yell. "None of my business?! In case you forgot, I work there! It could have gone wrong for both of us!" Spamton rolled his eyes.

"GUESS YOU'LL KNOW BETTER NEXT TIME, [[Big Bird]]. AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I COULD HAVE ESCAPED BY MYSELF." Swatch could feel their eye twitch. "Are you even listening to yourself?! You have any idea of what could have happen to you?! You could have died!"

Spamton stood on the couch, his fists clenched at his sides. "SO WHAT?! AM I SUPPOSED TO [[Thank You For Your Purchase]]?! WHAT WAS DOWN THERE WAS MY ONLY [[Ticket] TO HAVE MY SUCCESS BACK!"

Swatch rubbed their temples; this was starting to give them a headache. "I can't believe this. You were going to risk your life for nothing! There are better ways to-"

Spamton laughed sarcastically. "ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO GIVE ME [[Legal advice]] ON HOW TO DO MY JOB?! YOU HAVE NO [$!$!]ING IDEA OF WHAT I HAVE GONE THROUGH!"

"Because you won't let me help you!" They yelled.

Silence.

Spamton crossed his arms and turn his head, not looking at his roommate. "[I DON'T NEED HELP]"