34 | Rings and Conflicts

Start from the beginning

"I don't know. Hunch..?"

"Wow, you're still a horrible liar."

Fushiguro clicks the roof of his tongue, cursing himself for being embarrassing. Though as he's about to argue with Gojo that he just wanted to ask a question, the man speaks.

"Y/N is.. An interesting woman. And i mean that literally since she has kept so many secrets from everyone." Gojo starts with a laugh.

"That's one of her flaws.. But i learned to accept them. You know, Megumi? She taught me how to cook, cut wood, repair a broken wall, get fruit from a tree, sew, and wow.." Gojo stops to think, "..I did all of what i couldn't do back home."

What even was home for him? That shit hole he escaped from was just a house he lived in- home is where he feels safe even if he's the strongest sorcerer. Home is wherever the hell Y/N is no matter how far the distance he has to walk.

'Huh..? Home? Oh wow! I'm cheesy."

Well, it's only natural for Gojo to think that way. When he had no one else to run to, a woman appeared from behind the bushes to save him from the mess he created. Though if it weren't for that mess, he wouldn't have been given the chance to live a second life.

"You're in love, aren't you?"

Fushiguro mutters, brows furrowed.

Gojo's smile falters, taken aback with what the boy said. This doesn't go unnoticed by Fushiguro.

"What do you mean, Megumi?"

"You never talk to anyone like that besides Geto and yourself." the boy points out, "You describe Ieiri as lazy and that's it. You're talking about Y/N as if your life depended on it."

Gojo, wanting to change the topic, frowns, "Are you implying im in love with Suguru? Wow, Megumi, i said i don't have a specific want in women, but men? I-"

He was cut off by a pissed Fushiguro, "That's not it! You know what i meant by that! Stop avoiding the question.."

Gojo sighs. He can't fool the boy.

"If love means keeping the life i want and know, then i'll gladly defy all of the Jujutsu worlds laws so nothing can stop me from loving her. I have the power to do so, don't i?"

He's capable and Fushiguro knows it.

Gojo stands up, carrying his lantern. He looks away from Fushiguro whos eyes are slighty widened, Gojo's focus is now on the ledge of the roof. He couldn't see the ground from where he is, and that's just because it was darker than usual.

It reminded him of the never ending pit that his parents pushed him into. The darkness that consumed him as a child- and the two lanterns him and Megumi held are Geto and Ieiri. They were the light in his life and Gojo desperately needed to see where he was going.

With both of their help, he had found a brighter light.

"I'll kill the higher-ups if i wanted to. Just so i can keep the life and people i have now."

Though he still has his morals. It's the only thing preventing him from going crazy. Gojo still has a lot of obstacles to go through before he finally achieves the goals he has. Though how long is he willing to keep those morals up when the world finally turns against him?

"If i don't care about rules that are made to control the strong and weak, then i certainly don't care if this land is left in ruins.. I don't care if the stars or sun in the sky don't shine anymore." he says, "Y/N's better than any star out there anyway."