Chapter 13

"Yeji, Lia, do you mind if I borrow you for just a sec?" Miss Ho asks as they're about to leave the lab.

"Sure, no prob." They walk back in and over to see Jessi.

"Great work you did there." She says, making both the girls smile.

"Thanks miss." Lia says, suddenly slightly shy.

"Anytime. And I really couldn't help but notice..." She takes a dramatic pause for effect, "you two don't seem to hate each other anymore." She smirks slightly.

Yeji and Jisu look at each other, then back to Miss Ho. "Uh yeah we kind-of um... Decided there was no point disliking each other if we were gonna spend so much time together." Yeji says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh I swear we didn't hate each other." Lia says.

"Hmm would we say that?" Yeji asks sarcastically.

"Well I know that though I always thought you were rude and annoying but I knew you could be caring and  thoughtful." Lia says, almost GLARING at Yeji.

"Alright chill!" Yeji puts her hands up in mock surrender. Lia rolls her eyes.

"I guess that'll never change," Miss Ho says with a sigh.

"What will never change?" Lia asks.

"Your little arguments-but-not-arguments." She smiles. "Me and my girlfriend do that a lot." She winks and smirks.

"If you think you're being sneaky you aren't." Yeji folds her arms and looks at Jessi. Lia does the same.

"Ooh look at THAT I can just FEEL the chemistry, and the smell of those estrogens is OVER FUCKING WHELMING." Miss Ho cackles. "So," she looks at Lia, "we hitting that?" She smirks and Lia blushes.

"Uh well-," Lia begins but Yeji interrupts her,

"We're waiting for the right time." Jessi raises her eyebrows and nods, still smirking.

"Okay, okay. I'll let you two lovers be." She walks off smirking.

"Hey we're going out!!" Lia says annoyed.

"We are?" Yeji looks at Lia.

"I mean we always go to the park by my house and you have dinner at mine so I guess those technically count as dates." Lia says as a blush starts to creep up her neck.

"So we're dating..?" Yeji asks innocently, loving how Lia is reacting to her teasing. "Am I your... Girlfriend?" Yeji moves closer to Lia, and she touches her hand lightly on Lia's waist, making Lia squirm slightly and her blush to deepen.

"Yes, Yeji..." She whispers. "You're my girlfriend." Yeji leans in a gently brushes her lips against Lia's, and when she was just about to grab her hips and kiss her like she'd been wanting to all day and roam her hands around her smooth skin and then-

"Ehem." Someone clears their throat from the corner of the science lab, interrupting Yeji's train of thoughts. She turns round to glare at them, but it's just Miss Ho. "You wanna make out do it someplace else." She says one eyebrow lifted, glass of whiskey - smells like scotch - in one hand and a lit cigarette in the other, and amused expression on her face. 

"Oh Miss Ho, such a bad role model. Smoking is bad for you!! We just had a lesson on that in science last week!!" Lia says.

"I teach the work the curriculum says I have to teach. Doesn't mean I have to listen to any of that bullshit." She takes a swig of whiskey, then a puff of her cigarette. "Now off you go, you know that awful hag of a head teacher made your breaktimes shorter. Make the most of it."