Chapter 7

Yeji and Lia are led on their tummies in Lia's bedroom working on their Crazy In Love project. "No, no, no!! Lia stop!!" Yeji calls as Lia is just about to colour the heading with olive-green felt tip. "This is a project on love. What's a typical love colour?" She asks Lia and Lia pulls a hot pink felt tip out the pen pot. "Good. But I don't really think felt tips is a good idea, maybe we should shade it in with a pink pencil, give it some gradient?" Yeji suggests and Lia nods and gets up to look for some pencils. "Don't worry; I got a whole pack here." Yeji shows Lia so she comes and lies down again.

"Wow, I didn't know you could be so organised!!" She says in mock surprise.

"And I didn't know you could be so unorganised!!" Yeji says back with mock surprise too.

They have been working for over an hour now. Yeji is starting to write key points on the piece of paper-

"YEJI WHAT THE HELL STOP!!!" Lia screams as Yeji is about to put a black ink line around the facts she's just written, "You need to use a ruler!!!" Yeji stops and looks up at Jisu's alarmed and angry face. It reminds her of the time in science where Lia got really moody at her. She smiles at the thought. "You're finding it funny that you nearly RUINED the whole thing?!?!" Yeji stops smiling.

"No, I'm finding you funny." She smiles again and Lia sits up.

"Get out." Lia says. "If you can't take this seriously then just go." Yeji gets up and leaves the room, leaving Lia confused because she thought Yeji wouldn't go without a fight. She hears the front door open then slam shut.

Lia gets up and walks downstairs. Huh, she thinks to herself, she just left. She walks back upstairs to tidy up the project because it wouldn't be fair to do it without Yeji, when she sees Yeji's handbag. Lia can't help it but she's very nosy, so she looks around first to check God has looked away and can't see her do this sin and opens the bag.

In there are the usuals; phone, lip gloss, mirror, gum, hand sanatiser, etc. But something catches Lia's eye. Something glittery... Like sequins? She digs further in and pulls out a sequined notepad. A diary?? Yeji has a diary?? Lia looks round again, then opens the first page.

November 2nd

Lia was such a BITCH in science again today. Miss Ho has set us an assignment to work with the people we're sitting next to and make a project. Ew, I know right? How am I gonna COPE working with SUCH A BITCHY PERSON?!? Ugh!!!!!! I hate my life!!

I skip a few pages til 8 days later.

November 10th

We worked on the project. We're doing it on falling in love, it's gonna be called 'Crazy In Love'. I pretended I hated the idea but that's only because I'm jealous of her. She's smarter then I could even DREAM of being, and I never realised til recently but she's really pretty. Like, REALLY PRETTY. Some could say beautiful.

Huh, she thinks I'm beautiful, Lia thinks to herself and, she doesn't know why, but suddenly feels really warm inside and finds herself unintentionally smiling.

But she's still super annoying. But I'm beginning to like her though, more then I'm sure I shou-

"What the actual fuck do you think you're doing?!"

Lia looks up to see Yeji, with a mask of fury on her face, stood at her bedroom door. Lia looks down and thinks how suspicious she looks. "I didn't mean to look through-" She says, but is cut off by Yeji.

"You didn't mean to, what, look through my bag, and read my diary?!?!?" She storms into the room and snatches the book out of Lia's hands. "I cannot BELIEVE you!!!" Yeji shoves all her belongings back into her handbag and gets up. "That's my stuff you bitch! How much did you read?!?"

There's a small pause. Yeji opens her mouth to shout again so Lia speaks instead, "Only the first few pages Yeji I'm sorry-" Lia starts.

"Sorry won't fucking cut it! Ugh!" Yeji storms out in a huff.

A few seconds later she storms back in. "Oh, and find something else to do the project on!! You have less then 3 weeks, and you've got nothing!" She shouts.

"Yes, I've got this!!" Lia points to the project her and Yeji spent hours on.

"Well, not any more." Yeji stalks over and picks up all the pieces of paper so quickly and suddenly Lia can't do anything to stop her. She rips the papers in half, then in half again, then if half again. "Oops." She says and walks out the room slamming the door, leaving a gob-smacked Choi Jisu and a complete waste of time.