8 || acht

d a n i e l l a 's p o v :
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(song suggested for this chapter:
Woman by Doja Cat )

I wake up with a smile. I stand up and go take a shower. I don't have a hangover! Wow, that's a first.

It's 10 A.M. I make a quick breakfast and then get dressed in jean shorts and a yellow T-shirt matched by sandals. I head over to the boys and see Jacob coming from the elevator.

"Morning." I say to him chirply.

It looks like he went for a jog.

"Guten morgen," He says and opens the door, "I'm guessing you want to come in?" He says and steps away from the door.

I nod. I walk in and just then Tim comes into the kitchen.

"Morning." He says and yawns.

"Goodmorning." I say.

"Guten morgen." Jacob says to Tim and gets a bottle of water out the fridge.

"Let's go for a walk on the beach?" I suggest and turn to Jacob.

"I can't. I have to meet someone." He says and grabs things from the table.

"Ok. What about you?" I say and turn to Tim.

"Sure. Let's go. Bye bro." He says and puts on his sandals.

Tim pats Jacob on the shoulder and I wave to Jacob before I head out.

"You look ridiculous." I say as we head into the elevator.

Tim is wearing socks with sandals, red shorts and a white T-shirt.

"No I don't." He says and smiles.

I just shake my head softly and chuckle.

The elevator's doors open and we head out.

"Do I have to carry you now?" He asks.

"No...welllll, not yet." I say and laugh.

• • •

We get to the beach and I actually walked. Surprisingly, yes.

We walk towards the water and only wet our feet.

Maybe I should ask him about last night? I mean we were drunk and might've said things we didn't mean. I stand in front of him.

"About last night-" I try and speak.

"I was so drunk. Sorry about last night." He interrupts me and laughs awkwardly.

I frown my brows. Yes. I was right.

"Oh, yeah. Me too." I agree and bite my lip to control my emotions.

And I've already told myself that I will not get hurt over a high school crush, but this one is so much different...Damn it, Daniella. Pull yourself together, girl!

"Look, we were drunk and said things we probally didn't mean," He says and looks down, "But...I have these sort of mixed feeling for you. Do you...like me?"

I look at him and smile. Ok, he's not sure of his feelings but it's something at least.

"Tim, you are the nicest guy I've met so far. I would be dumb not to like you." I say and he looks up at me but still down to me.

He smiles and I throw my arms around him.

"I thought that when you said you liked me last night you were drunk and didn't know what you were doing." He says and laughs at the memory of last night.