12. It's All Just A Game

Start from the beginning

"So... how was your day yesterday guys?" I asked, trying to completely change the subject.

"I spent the day with Erik." Martin says with a smirk on his face.

"No. Way." I blurt and Martin laughs as both Clara and I give each other shocked looks.

"He's hooked like a fish." Clara points out.

"Uh huh." I say in agreement. My phone buzzes again and I look at the screen.

Are you hanging out with friends today? I reply with a quick 'yeah'.

"But for real, how is he?" Clara asks with a smile.

"He is... sweet. We like most of the same stuff, except for his movies, I mean I like horror, but not 'Texas Chainsaw' horror... Sucks that he can't be here today, he said he had a group project to do..." Martin explains and I giggle.

"Our Martin is growing up so fast." Clara says and I laugh at her as I sip my coffee.

"I swear, soon we'll be having mini-Martins." I say and Clara laughs with me as we share a high-five. Martin rolls his eyes at us.

 "What's so funny?" A familiar voice asks from beside us. 

We all look and stare at the source blankly. 

"Whoa. Did it just get colder in here or what?" Keaton asks.

"It just got ice cold." Clara says and I mentally groan.

"What do you want, Keaton?" Martin asks.

"Just wanted to see if Darcy's okay. I mean she had so many drinks last night- I was surprised how she could still stand." Keaton says with a smug grin.

"What part of 'Leave me alone', did you not understand?" I ask harshly.

"Ouch, after that date yesterday? You break my heart." He says.

"Sucks for you then." I answer. "Do you guys mind if we switch locations now? We can chill at the house. I know you guys wanted to come over." I suggest.

"Yeah, sure." Martin and Clara say, almost simultaneously. We all stand up and Keaton makes 'tsk'-ing noises.

"You forget, I know where you live."

"And you forget, I don't give a single shït." I hiss before we all walk out of the place.

*

"Ugh! He's so annoying!" I say as we enter the apartment.

"No kidding. He's a persistent little shït, isn't he?" Martin says as he closes the door behind him.

"At least he's pleasing to the eyes, you know?" Clara says, always the optimistic one.

I giggle as Martin nudges her with his shoulder. Clara scrunches up her nose and we make our way to the couches.

"This place is freaking awesome." Clara exclaims as she looks around. 

No sooner did she sit down on the couch did she get up and walk over to the windows.

"Ugh... the view..." Clara says with a sigh. I smile as Martin takes pictures of the view outside of our window.

"Penthouse. Sweet." Martin says with a smirk. I roll my eyes at him before we all sit down.

We spend almost the entire afternoon together before Martin and Clara decided to head home. 

I walked over to the fridge and brought out a tiny carton of Almond milk. I pop the cap and drink it down with a sigh. I loved ranting and talking about everything with my friends and all, but now that I was alone, I felt super bored. I just feel like I spent all of my time and energy on talking. I was only happy that I was dressed so plainly. A comfy sweater, a pair of black leggings, comfy espadrilles, my usual bonnet with cute bear ears on top, and I wore some cute Beats headphones that I found in the closet too. Klein has good tastes- well- expensive tastes...