Chapter 5- Stay with me?

After Peeta closed up the bakery he showed me to his car which was a four door BMW.

"Isn't this car a little too expensive for your paycheck?" I ask as he opens the passenger door for me.

"I have another job on the side..." He smiles.

Drug dealer?, I think to myself.

"So.. directions please?" Peeta asks me turning to look at me.

"Fifth and central." I tell him quietly.

He then nods resulting in the rest of the car ride being silent.

In about fifteen minutes he parks in the front of my building placing his hands on his lap and saying,

"Well, we're here Katniss."

"Thanks again." I tell him and smile as I get out of the car.

"No problem, we still on for coffee Friday?" He asks me returning the smile.

"Yeah, of course." I tell him as I close the door to his car.

He waves to me as he pulls out of the driveway and speeds off into the life less city.

I then make my way up my building's stairs and when I'm at the main entrance I search for my keys inside my purse and end up finding nothing.

"Great, it's freezing and I'm locked outside my apartment building." I mutter to myself and slap my forehead with the palm of my hand.

KEVERDEEN: hey, johanna can you come pick me up?

Mason_100: why?!

KEVERDEEN:bc i am locked out of my building.

Mason_100: Sorry, I'm not home. I am in the bathroom of this cute guy's house I just hooked up with. . . and by the looks of it I'm sleeping here. #sorrynotsorry byeee

"Great.. I'll just freeze out here." I mutter as my body starts to shiver. I then dials Gale's number but it shoots me straight to voice mails.

I go over my options in my head and come to the resolutions of:

Haymitch: dead drunk

Prim: Probably asleep

Annie: Out with Finnick.

I then end up dialing Peeta's number.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...

"Hello?" I hear him pick up after a few rings.

"Hey." I bite my lips through chills.

"What is the reason for you calling me at midnight, my dear?" He asks with a hint of sass in his voice.

"I'm locked out of my building and I'm freezing." I tell him pouting.

"And you have absolutely no friends so you called me." He says laughing.

"I have friends," I spit back, "Just that most of them are drunk or fucking someone."

"Do you want me to pick you up?" He says finally.

"Please?" I beg since I don't want to freeze to death.

"I'll be there in ten." He says and hangs up.

10 minutes later . . .

"Thanks again." I tell him as he hands me a blanket.

"Why do you have disposable blankets in your car, Peeta Mellark?" I ask him baffled yet slightly grateful as I wrap the blanket around my body.

"Well, I usually pick up my nieces and nephews from school and on the way to my house they always to fall asleep so I to keep them warm I throw a blanket on them. Common knowledge." He winks at me.

"Smart man." I compliment him as I snuggle into the blanket.

"So to my house?" He says arching his eyebrow.

"I don't think your girlfriend would like that." I remark.

"Well, I don't have one so she won't mind." He says and chuckles.

"Just take me to the nearest hotel." I tell him rolling my eyes.

"If it's what the lady wants."

***

"We are very sorry to inform you that your baby was born a still born." The nurse says as she looks down at my lifeless baby.

"NO! NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! I DID EVERYTHING TO KEEP HER HEALTHY!" I scream in sorrow as I look at the cold baby that's now laying in my arms.

"I'm sorry. You just must me an unfit mother." She says looking down at me suddenly with a gun in hand.

"WHAT!? PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!" I plead as I see her cock the gun.

***

"KATNISS! KATNISS WAKE UP, IT'S NOT REAL! KATNISS, PLEASE WAKE UP!" I hear a voice scream as they shake me awake.

Suddenly my eyes open and I see ... Peeta.

"Peeta? What are you doing in my hotel room?" I ask him quizzically.

"Katniss, honey I'm not in your hotel room. You're in my room." He tells me and hugs me.

As if programmed my arms instantly wrap around his.

"And why am I in your house?" I ask still completely confused.

"Because on the ride to the hotel you feel asleep. And if I carried you asleep into a public hotel it'd look wrong and people would think I'm a pedophile. Plus, you looked so adorable while you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you. Try not frowning all the time, really improves your looks. " He says sitting down and pulling a loose strand of hair out of my face and pulling it behind me ear.

"What happened?" I ask him as I look around and just decide on laying back down.

"You had a nightmare." He says into the dark.

"I'm sorry.. I'll leave if you want." I tell him closing my eyes hoping he doesn't kick me out.

"Oh, god no. I do not want the woman carrying my baby to go out at 1AM in the morning by herself, to make matters worse. Besides where would you go?" He asks and just shakes his head telling me to stay.

"Right." I tell him giving up on the idea of leaving.

"Alrighty, then I'll just head downstairs to the couch and let you sleep." He says and starts to make his way out of the room.

"Peeta?" I ask not wanting him to leave.

"Katniss?" He replies by the door.

"Can you stay with me?" I ask him scared I'll have another nightmare.

"Always." He smiles as he makes his way back to the bed and lays down next to me.

I then scoot closer to him and with no fight left in me I place my head on his shoulder. He then wraps his arms around me and plants a warm kiss on my forehead before falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This Love" by Taylor Swift is the song I was listening to while writing this chapter.

okay dokes guyys there's another chapter for you guys! I hope you liked it and as always, I love you guyys!

-Elvidia