Chapter 30: Consequences

Lee was doing everything he could to get a hold of the New Republic officers in the Capital. He had done fairly well in the New Republic once he put his Dreamers' agenda aside. His commitment to rebuilding the Republic made him well known and he had a few favors he could call in. He was worried though if he didn't act quickly the same fate would await his sister as his father.

"Captain Tersu," Lee finally saw the hologram his commanders appear.

"Commander Newren," Lee addressed his superior. "We've secured the armory but have not located the Imperial Unit that first attacked it."

"Captain Roy reported that you had captured them." The Commander stated confused. It was odd Jules had not reported the escape or Lenore's capture. Maybe she was trying to save face.

"Negative Sir,"Lee began. "The Unit escaped with help from-" He stopped. He didn't really know what Lenore was at this point. She had stormtrooper armor but it was painted differently from the Imperial standard. She most likely had kept it for protection or sentiment. She must still have some sympathies for the Empire if she was risking her life to save her old unit. But then again the troopers had said they weren't part of the Empire. Though any Imperial being caught these days was saying the same thing.

"From?" The commander was growing impatient.

"Sir," Lee stammered. "I am requesting a pardon for the prisoner we have in holding."

"On what grounds?" The commander rubbed his chin curiously at the request.

"Sir-"

"Enough with the formalities Lee. What is it?" Newren demanded to know.

"It's my sister." Lee said. He hadn't called Lenore his sister in a long time. Rya had always got after him to make peace with her but he had been too stubborn to change his mind. She had chosen the Empire over him, over their father, and basically everything. He never understood it. Someone who was so fearless and had taken so many chances to keep the residents of Tarkintown fed would have done well in the Rebellion. Perhaps she was tired. Tired of fighting and tired of not having a home. He knew he was growing tired with each new assignment Jules and him were taking on during the reconstruction of the New Republic.

"Your sister is the prisoner?"

"Yes," Le admitted. "She was an Imperial Trooper. But she aided me and my unit when we were captured on Coruscant before the Battle of Yavin."

"That was quite some time ago." The commander said.

"I am only asking that we show her the same kindness she showed the rebellion."He went on. "I have it on good authority that she also helped Captain Andor when he travelled to the Ring of Kafrene."

"If she was so inclined to help the rebellion why didn't she join?" The commander questioned. It was a good question. One Lee did not have an answer to. One question he was curious about but also was not sure he wanted the answer to.

"That sir I do not know," Lee admitted. There was a long pause.

"Tersu you have been a great asset to the rebellion and irreplaceable for the reconstruction of the New Republic. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you to have a member of your own family not only sympathize with the Empire but be a part of it. The truth is we all made choices and those choices have consequences."

"Sir?"

"Your sister may have help us in our time of need but we don't know what she did during her active time of duty. So what I will do is have her transferred to Coruscant and put to work in one of our camps. If she makes a year of good behavior we will revisit the matter and possibly adjust her sentence to house arrest with you as her guardian, if you want to assume the responsibility."