Chapter 26: The Imposter

"Well we're here." Wyb announced. R3 beeped with relief. He was anxious to get the Mandalorian off the ship.

"Take care kid," He said to Wyb. He still hated being called a kid, but what fifteen year old would argue with a Mandalorian Bounty hunter? Not him. Lenore walked him off the ship. She looked around at the port. She didn't like it. She had a bad feeling about it. She noticed the attention Mando was getting the moment he stepped off the ship. He must have been used to it because paid it no mind. But he was alone on a strange planet with no ship. The odds were stacked against him. She had to help.

"Hey," she tossed the bag of credits to Mando who caught it. "Keep it."

"But it's what we agreed on. You earned it." He held it back out to her.

"That I did. Give me a chance to earn more," She started. Mando tilted his head confused. "You need a ship. I have one. You saw the kid. He can fly better than any hotshot twice his age. Let us fly you around until you find a ship from a reliable source."

"You couldn't have mentioned this on Arkanis?" He said.

"Wasn't entirely sure about your intentions then," she admitted. "But even if you find what you're looking for in a place like this, you have no friends out here in case something goes wrong. And from the looks of it something most likely will."

"I appreciate your concern," he took her hand and placed the credits in it. "But it's misplaced. Thank you again."

He turned and walked away. She should just get back on the Spitfire and fly home. But she had the same feeling in her gut when she let Jord tell Rima and Tiv to take the weapons from their last job. The same odd feeling when K-2 and Cassian Andor walked away from her on Kafrene. The same feeling when Kina brought aboard the puffer pig and the mynocks.

She walked aboard and went to her quarters. She had packed the Boushh armor whenever they left Arkanis. But lately she hadn't needed it.

"Ready to go?" Wyb asked.

"No," She said as she pulled out the armor. "Change of plans."

––––––––––––

She had Wyb bribe the docking crew with the credits from the transport. It was good insurance to make sure you had the facility crew on your side. She left Wyb and R3 at the docking station and made her way toward the most notable shipping yard. It didn't take long for her to locate Mando.

She had to be careful not to give herself away. It was easy scouting slaver transports. They weren't used to being surveillanced. But most bounty hunters were the best of the best when it came to tracking. It wouldn't take much for someone as skilled as Mando to know he was being followed.

She watched him speak to two different sellers. Neither were willing to sell to him for whatever price he was offering.

Must be the beskar, she thought.

Most everyone in the galaxy knew how valuable it was. It would be hard enough to find a reasonably priced ship in the Rim, but out in the Colonies, especially being an outsider, it would be impossible. As she watched him move on to the next section of the yard, she saw a group beginning to form and surround him. There were five closing in on him. He most likely could handle them on his own, but if she saw him struggle or get into a spot she would jump in.

The first shot was fired. Mando quickly defeated himself. She kept her eye on the action as she made her way closer. It seemed the group had doubled in numbers as they jumped out from behind the inventory of ships. Once she was on the ground level she saw four men had him pinned down.