Season 1: The In-Between

Start from the beginning

He wasn't working — I knew he wasn't — yet he was taking forever to respond. I stared at the screen for probably ten minutes before rolling my eyes. "Asshole," I muttered, standing up. I walked back into the kitchen to put away my now dry dishes, noticing the plates weren't in order. The colored plates were mixed in with the black plates. I squinted my eyes.

I organized the plates. Of course I did. Then the bowls, cups, and even the silverware all by color and smallest to largest. Quinton still hadn't responded and I was growing frustrated. I knew he was ready for me to move out but damn.

I walked back into the living room and plopped on the couch. He wasn't even active and he was always active on Instagram. Sigh. This was so boring. Grabbing the remote from beside the laptop, I kicked my legs up onto the rest of the couch and clicked on Netflix. I was either going to start a new series (if I could find one) or rewatch one (for probably the third time).

I wasn't mad about the free time, but I was mad about being bored. And mad at Quinton. Stupid head.

As I covered myself up in a blanket and got comfortable, Quinton finally messaged me back. Of course he did right when I was comfortable. Why wouldn't he? I let out an exasperated yet relieved breath and say up, grabbing the laptop to sit on my lap. I didn't even have time to read his message before he was calling me.

Clicking the answer button, his face loaded up after a few seconds. His hair was now pink and he had changed his facial piercings to match. A pink, heart shaped nose piercing and pink, rose quartz gauges in his ears. It wasn't close to Valentines Day. "What the fuck? Did Cupid beat your ass?"

Quinton laughed. "What's with the double chin? You pregnant?"

My mouth fell open. "Don't say that. That's not funny."

"Only a little." I rolled my eyes before sitting up, changing the angle of my camera. Quinton was doing the same, setting his lap top on their living room coffee table. She missed their apartment, and Cake, and him. "Where'd they send you after getting voted off? Which, by the way, was bullshit."

I bit my cheek. "Well..."

I didn't get a chance to finish my sentence before the living room door opened and Chris walked in, a large smile on his face. He was definitely in the camera's angle, and I turned my head from Chris back to Quinton. He was staring me down as well as Chris. "No fucking way."

Chris didn't hear him, I don't think. "I have good news!"

My lips pursed and Quinton was shaking his head, an awed smile on his lips. "Chris mother fucking McLean." That's when Chris noticed I was on the phone with him and stopped behind me, staring down at the screen. I saw his face in my small camera, a gentle smile on his face. He looked cute. "Dude, Lilia, you're insane."

"Hey," Chris said, leaning down and putting his head next to mine. "You must be Quinton." This was so weird.

"This is so weird. Yeah, yeah, I'm Quinton." Cake walked up on the back of the couch behind him, meowing. "Oh, and this is Cake. She's been a real bitch after you left, Lilia."

I laughed. Cake was always on one. "Figured. But, to answer your question, I've been here since they voted me off."

He glared at me. "No shit, dumbass. How did you manage this? Did she pay you?"