"No, mom! I haven't eaten since yesterday, I just want to-"

"That's it," her mom raised her voice, "you're so damn annoying"

That being said, Cadence stood up from his seat on the couch and grabbed Lena by her arm, making her gasp at the sudden action. She roughly started guiding her to her room, while repeating the same insults Lena always heard.

"You're so fucking lucky your father is patrolling, but just wait until he gets here and knows how damn useless you are!" She yelled, "you can't defend yourself, and all you do is cry all the time! What's wrong with you?!"

"Mom, you're hurting me! Stop!"

Of course she didn't pay attention to her daughter, and roughly pushed her inside the dark room, locking the door so that she wouldn't sneak out to grab some food.

Lena kept crying, rubbing her eyes with her fists and sitting on the floor. She was used to fights and yelling, but this was different, because her father was always busy and rarely spoke to her daughter. That and also, he was always the one who insulted her (while Cadence sometimes liked to hit Lena), but she knew he had been having many stressful nights thanks to the Moon Valley pack.

You see, they were constantly trying to intimidate them and even just vandalize their territories, and even if Lena's pack wouldn't admit it, the Moon Valley's were way stronger than them, so there wasn't much they could do other than patrolling.

Lena was feeling little, and in those circumstances that wasn't good. Well, every Omega had its little side, and for her, it appeared pretty often, which wasn't a good thing.

Her father couldn't see her in that state after work, or she was sure he'd kill her.

"What do I do?" She started panicking.

Abruptly standing up, she looked at the window and wondered if the fall would be too dangerous for her. It was something she used to do when she was younger, so maybe this time could be better. Where could she go? Lena had no idea, but it didn't matter, she didn't want to die. After all, the way out of the territory was near.

Picking up her dearly stuffy Charles, she clutched to it and headed to the window, the moonlight shining so bright that night. Lena could hear some wolves howling, although they weren't from her family. But that wasn't important right now.

The girl felt a cold breeze enter her room, giving her goosebumps. She carefully got out and without thinking twice, jumped to the tree in front of her, but almost failing, and that gave her a slight cut on her cheek.

In the end, she was able to escape, and ran faster than she ever had, avoiding going to the direction her father and other members of the pack were patrolling, because even if they could smell her scent, she wasn't going to stop running, even if she couldn't do it anymore.

Minutes passed and her muscles were slowly starting to ache and feel tired, but the adrenaline of everything made her ignore the thought of stopping any time soon.

So there it was, the end of their territory, and crossing it was easier than she had thought. Lena didn't even think about her family, because the girl simply had no one to care for there. And they didn't care about her, either.

She just kept running and running until she didn't know were she was, in the middle of the woods and the shining moon above her. That was all she could see. Lena hold on tighter to Charles and started breathing faster, her feet were too tired right now to keep on doing that.

A hard, big body stopped her from her running, making Lena roughly fall to the floor, her stuffy wasn't in her hands anymore, and at the surprise and the thought of being caught by one of the pack's members, she started to cry again. Could her night had gone any worse? Not only had she escaped her home, but she was also hurt everywhere.

"Hey, hey. Are you okay?"

But Lena kept crying, shaking her head as it hurt from the bump, but also at everything she had gone through in less than an hour.

Strong arms picked her up from the floor, but she didn't resist this time. The girl sobbed on whoever's chest it was, rubbing her tired eyes until she started to calm down.

"There you go, little one. Does it hurt anywhere?"

"No" she answered, too sleepy to even give him a better answer. Lena didn't recognize that voice, and his scent wasn't familiar either, but his stern yet soft tone made her feel somehow... safe. "Charles" she pointed to the floor, which the man couldn't understand until he saw a dirty elephant stuffy, picking it right away.

"Is this what you wanted?"

"Uh-huh"

"What were you doing here? Are you lost?" He asked, truly confused. An Omega in the middle of the woods wasn't okay, since they were supposed to always be protected.

Nodding, the girl heard a sigh from him.

"Alright, shall I take you to your house or- hey, what's wrong? Stop crying, baby, you're going to make yourself sick"

"Don't wanna go back"

...

Hi <3

Thank you for your opinion, I've been wanting to write this story for you, so I hope you like it! Please, feel free to give any comments or suggestions.

Have a good day <3