Chapter 7

Regina's POV

Hannah was pregnant. I guess that's what felt weird In the group. Or maybe they were on to me. Did they know? Did they know how much I hated the spotlight. I am a huge introvert and not a single dose of an extrovert. I was scared. What if Grace told them? Nah, would Grace tell them? I know how much she values privacy so maybe not.
||||||||||||||||||
We got home late that night. Goose was out of control and Grace said she had to do editing.
"Grace, come on up to bed" said Chester.
"No Chester, I just need to edit this then I'll be fine."
"Baby, please don't get sleep deprived. I'm gonna miss you" he says giving her a kiss.
"I'm gonna miss you too" she responds.
Chester goes up but I stay down stairs.
"What would you like Regina?" she asks opening Final Cut Pro. (NOT SPONSORED)
"I um, want to help you" I say nervously.
"You know how to edit?" she asks.
"Yeah a little I learned how to code and edit mself."
"Wow that's really cool Regina. But I don't need help right now. I think I'm good."
"Oh alright" I say getting very tired.
"Alright, looks like you need some sleep" she says.
"Nah what? pfft pfft pfft I'm fine Grace really!"
"If you would like to stay up, you can sleep on the couch if you want to stay. Here I'll get you some blankets and pillows"
"Awww, thanks Helbig" I say giving her the name everyone calls me at school.
"No problem. Just uhh, it's going to be a while I forgot where they are" she says meekly.
"Hahahaha it's okay Grace" I say.
I lie down on the couch and drift into a sleep.

Grace's POV
I come back to see that Regina has already crashed into the couch and is sleeping. I pick her up and walk upstairs. Surprisingly she doesn't way that much. I lie her down on her bed and cover her with her blankets and make sure she comfy. She looks so peaceful. I love her so much. She has so many things that we share even though we aren't blood related and we share none of the same mothers or fathers. The personality fits though, the attitude, and style is creepily accurate.
I close the door and decide not to edit for the night and go into my room where a sleepy Chester is sleeping with Goose at the end of the bed.

I wake up the next morning to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking. I roll over to see Chester still there. Huh. I thought he was making the breakfast. I kiss him to wake him up. He kisses back several times.
"Mm honey what's cooking?" He asks.
" I down know I thought you were cooking."
"Well I'm right here unless we have a little cooker in the house" he smiles.
I laugh. "My mom mentioned something about her cooking."
We lie in bed until we hear someone coming up the stairs. "hello? I hear Regina.
"Oh hey early bird" i say. "Ooh what's this?"
"I made eggs, French toast, and bacon with orange juice for you both" she smiles.
"Oh Regina you didn't have to do that" says Chester kindly. "It smells good! Where'd you learn how to make this?"
"I take home ec classes a lot. I work a lot too on other things." she says.
"Wow this is delicious" I say. "Those classes really paid off"
"Yeah they did when you're the only one there" she says.
"What do you mean?"
"Oh nothing I won't bother you with that. Just enjoy your breakfast I'll be back when you're finished" she says and quickly runs out of the room.

Regina's POV
I almost said something that I've always kept. The only person I have told is my mom. No one can find out.