THIRTEEN

"this is your place,miss!" the uber driver spoke, politely.

"danke!" she thanked, climbing out of the back seat as kai simultaneously got out of the other side. quickly, she waved goodbye before the two walked up to thea's doorstep.

she quickly put in the pin for the box that had the spare key (her date of birth), before unlocking the door. she pushed it open slightly before turning to face kai. "so..." she trailed off.

"so..." kai repeated after her.

"do you wanna come in?" she asked, feeling a light blush on her cheeks, "i mean you don't have to. but-but we still haven't talked that much and i-uh want to talk a bit...a bit more, yeah."

kai smiled as he responded. "are you sure? i don't want to intrude. you said you were tired and-"

thea cut him off, rolling her eyes while slightly giggling, "-you said you wanted to talk too kai! and i don't think the 5 words we exchanged in the car counted as a conversation."

kai's cheeks gradually changed to a shade of red, similar to the one thea had as he nodded his head awkwardly. "okay, yeah. sure."

satisfied with his answer, thea pushed the door to her home open, walking in with kai following behind. she locked the door before chucking the keys in the bowl and facing kai again who had slipped off his shoes by the doormat.

"i'm just gonna get changed into something a bit more comfortable, if that's okay-"

"no, no, it's fine! don't worry," he reassured her.

thea smiled, "okay, cool. you can just chill downstairs, i'll be back in a few minutes."

kai nodded as thea quickly jogged up the stairs. chucking her bag on her bed, she got dressed into joggers and a hoodie and put on a pair of fluffy socks. before going back down, she grabbed her phone to message heidi.

imessage
didi💞

thea🤍
BITCH
thea🤍
I HAVE SO MUCH TO
UPDATE YOU ON
TOMORROW!!

didi💞
WHAT
WHAT
didi💞
WHAT HAPPENED?
didi💞
BRO COME BACK!!!
didi💞
okay fine. i see how
it is
delivered 9:21pm

"hey kai?"

the boy span around on his feet, glancing up the stairs to see thea standing at the top.

"do you want something comfy to change into too? i mean my stuff might not fit but i can find something?" she asked.

"oh no, its fine. you don't have to," he shook his head politely.

"are you sure?" thea raised an eyebrow, "your clothes don't look the comfiest, no offence."

kai chuckled lightly, "none taken. i guess some comfier clothes would be nice. only if you have, i don't mind!"

thea was already gone, dashing into the bedroom. a minute later she came back with a grey hoodie and black joggers that would fit kai.

she skipped halfway down the stairs. "these are my cousins. he left them here the last time he came which was a year ago so he's probably forgotten about it. they're clean - don't worry!"

"thank you so much," kai smiled gratefully.

"you can change in the bathroom upstairs," thea spoke, "at the top, turn left and its the first door on the right."