thea nodded in agreement, knowing how overwhelming it can all get. "i'm honestly thinking of going home. the party's gone on long enough. well long enough for me.

"i would probably have to get an uber," she continued, "but i don't suppose my dad would want to go home yet."

"i'll go with you."

thea blinked, her eyebrows raised at the boy whose face was now covered in a light pink blush. "really?"

"i-i mean...yeah. of course. if you don't mind - i mean you don't have to say yes. it would be for safety reasons obviously," he stammered, mentally face-palming at the fact he was getting nervous with a girl he had only met like 10 minutes ago.

"- and i also still want to-to talk."

a smirk twitched on thea's face as she raised an eyebrow, urging him to carry on speaking.

"- to talk to you. i want to talk to you more."

at this point kai was practically shitting himself but thea found it incredibly adorable how nervous he was.

"i still want to talk to you more, too," she smiled back. "so, yes. i'm just going to tell my dad. do you wanna come with me?"

he nodded meekly, "sure." dusting his hands on his trousers, he followed her inside. they weaved in and out of the masses of people, kai having to pay attention to make sure he didn't lose thea.

eventually they made it to thea's dad who was sitting on one of the folded chairs in a circle with mr. hartmann and a few other older men.

"papa," she greeted, switching back to german while politely nodding at the other men, "i'm thinking of heading back home now. i'm tired. i know you don't want to go yet so i'm going to get an uber. i won't be alone though - my friend kai will come with me."

"who is this kai?" he frowned, having never heard the name before.

thea nodded to the boy who was to her left, standing slightly behind her. "hallo sir," he nodded, leaning forwards and shaking thea's dad's hand.

a look of realisation washed over his face as he broke out into a grin. "havertz!" he laughed and kai nodded, "i remember your parents used to be a big fan of our bakery. so, how did you two meet?"

kai's eyes immediately flickered to thea for help with that question. the brunette girl open and closed her mouth a few times, not wanting to say it was an accidental text message but kai covered for her.

"we met on instagram!" he blurted out. thea nodded, going along with it.

"social media. young kids these days, ay?" her dad chuckled and the men sitting beside him did too. "well okay. i'll see you later then, schatz. i'll keep my key but do you remember the pin to get the spare one?"

she nodded, wanting it all to hurry up, "yes papa, i do! see you later. liebe dich!"

"liebe dich auch!" he spoke as she pressed a quick kiss to his cheek, "auf wiedersehen."

she nodded towards kai and the two slipped away to the exit. thea quickly booked an uber on her phone as they walked down the stairs and out of the apartment block.

they stood outside quietly, enjoying the comfortable silence between them as they waited for the uber.

thea glanced over at kai again, her eyes washing over him but when she glanced back up she was met with kai's greenish-hazel eyes. blushing as she had been caught, she quickly diverted her eyes to the road. kai had a sliver of a smirk on his face as he continued to stare at thea.

one thing thea knew for sure was that heidi's theory was correct. he did message like he was good-looking.

and he was.

very very good looking.

JUNO'S NOTES
my cute wholesome
bbys. hope you
enjoyed this.

also don't be a
silent reader!!
i love reading
and replying to
everybody's
comments <3

DISCLAIMER:
THE CHAPTERS
AFTER THIS
UNTIL 21 ARE
IN THE WRONG
ORDER. WATTPAD
IS STUPID AND WILL
NOT LET ME
REARRANGE IT
NO MATTER HOW
MANY TIMES A TRY!!

SO U GUYS WILL
HAVE TO CLICK ON
THE DROP DOWN
ICON FOR ALL
THE CHAPS AND
CLICK INDIVIDUALLY
WHICH ONE TO GO
TO NEXT

SORRY FOR ALL
THIS CONFUSION! <3