Chapter 4: Act 1 - Prologue

A/N

A lot came up so I couldn't update for a while.

Good news though, I have decided to give it more importance now and the fic would be receiving monthly updates here on out (I'll try my best). The chapter length may vary but hey, it's something right?

Special thanks to Fox & Archer for helping out with the fic as well as Murph and Maruf for beta.

x.x

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or any of its characters. 

x.x

Chapter 4

Garp turned towards his second-in-command with a look of rage on his face, "How important is it that you had to come here despite me ordering you not to?"

The man visibly flinched as he somehow managed to stutter out, "S-Sir it-it's Fleet Admiral Sengoku on the line, he says it's important and to override your orders with his."

Garp scowled at that. He didn't have the time to waste but he had no option but to take the call.

"Both of you, out. I have to talk to him," Garp ordered in a serious tone.

He then turned to the den-den mushi in his hand and said, "Sengoku, what is he doing here?"

He heard his friend heave a sigh before he spoke, "They heard the whispers. You know what will happen, get all the marines out of there and to a safe distance. I do not have a say in this matter anymore."

"So that means the ships are nearby, aren't they? And so is CP9 if that damned bastard is here."

"Yes, now stop wasting time. This is an order Garp, take all the marines and withdraw from Ohara immediately."

"Is this the justice you follow, Sengoku? You have become nothing but a lapdog of theirs. Never thought I'd see this day," Garp said with a hint of disappointment as he cut the call.

On the other side of the door, Clover knew that something serious was happening so much so that the Fleet Admiral himself had called Garp. Was it related to the Poneglyph?

Clover didn't want to take any chances and immediately ran up to one of his colleagues and whispered to him, "Start gathering the most important books and order everyone to get ready to run. Something serious may have happened, I don't want to take any chances. Tell everyone."

The man nodded and scrambled off, relaying the message to those concerned. Everyone except for Robin was here, he had to find her quickly.

Just as he returned, the doors to the room opened and an angry Garp walked outside.

The marine turned to his second-in-command and said, "Order everyone to go back to the ship on the double. Our business here is done."

The man panicked at that urgent tone and took off to relay the orders.

Garp then turned to Clover and said, "Sengoku has ordered me to give a report on this. Don't worry, I will do what I can to prevent this secret."

It greatly pained him, having to lie like this and turning into the sort of person he despised but his arms were shackled at the moment. If he made a move now, he would undoubtedly be hunted. If he was alone, that wouldn't be an issue but right now, he had to look after his grandson who was still a kid. For him, Luffy was far more important than anything else in the world and he'd die before someone did something to the boy. Thus, with a heavy heart, he patted Clover's shoulder and walked out of the tree.