Chapter 3: Act 1 - Prologue

A/N

I apologise for the extremely long wait for this chapter and for its length.

Stuff happened irl plus I was focused on my main fic hence, the late update. Further, I am still getting used to the OP world so give me a while before I put out longer chapters. Okay? Thanks.

Shoutout to Fox for helping and e-luckarcher, Murph, Meister and Mruf for the beta and proof reading.

x.x

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or any of its characters. 

x.x

Chapter 3

~Robin and Luffy~

The two had been running all around the forest, laughing merrily without a care in the world whatsoever. The sun was shining, the area around them peaceful as a soft breeze whispered through the area. That was until a loud growling sound was heard.

"Hooo I'm hungry," Luffy said with an overexaggerated sigh as he held his stomach in apparent hunger, making Robin giggle for no apparent reason. The dark-haired girl wondered why she was suddenly letting out a laugh for something so mundane. This boy was going to be the death of her for sure!

She was snapped out of her musing when Luffy suddenly perked up as he remembered a very important detail. There was food on the ship! Without wasting a single second, the boy grabbed Robin's hand and sped off towards no particular direction. In his food-induced thoughts, he had forgotten that he didn't know the way out and thus, was running blindly.

"LUFFYYY!" Robin couldn't help but yell whilst being dragged along at high speeds by the surprisingly fast boy.

Luffy, true to himself, opted to not hear her as he kept running in a random direction with a huge smile plastered on his face.

...

~Garp~

"Are you absolutely sure about this?" Garp said with the most serious face anyone had ever seen.

Clover gulped. He had willingly laid out his cards and it was judgement time.

"I won't lie to you about this sir. Despite my reluctance to tell you about it, I feel it is a better choice than revealing it to someone else from the navy."

That's right, Garp had somehow managed to convince Clover to reveal the most guarded secret in all of Ohara. All it took were a few minutes and some carefully laid out points to win the man over. After all, Garp knew what sort of trouble this particular topic could attract, as well as the steps the World Government was ready to take. And for someone who hated the five elders and the celestial dragons for what they stood for, Garp was willing to do whatever it took to avoid conflicts altogether.

"Show me."

Clover nodded as he signaled his colleagues to lead the way.

...

~Robin and Luffy~

Luffy scratched his head as he looked at the vast expanse of blue in front of him.

"Did grandpa leave me already?" Luffy asked himself as he kept looking around, searching for the familiar ship.

Robin quietly laughed a bit at his obliviousness.

"Luffy, the port is on the other side of the island. I have been trying to tell you," Robin said.

The boy visibly deflated as the prospect of getting meat kept getting bleaker and bleaker, amusing Robin greatly. Even though she had not met many people, Luffy was by far the most interesting person she had met. There was something about him that attracted her and promised new adventures every day. However, she was snapped out of her thoughts as soon as Luffy's stomach growled again.