Chapter 10

Sorry for the long wait, I hope it will have been worth it, let me know your thoughts. 

Going back on the beach after their little paddle. "Do you mind me going in for a bit of a surf?" Chris asked her as she shook her head, why would she mind that? "Of course not, go ahead and have some fun love," Maddie told him, standing on her tip toes and even then she was too small as both of them let out a chuckle and he pulled her up against his body to kiss her lips.

He loved the way she giggled and laughed whilst paddling, it had been a joy to have her on the board in front of him. He'd love to think that she'd enjoyed it as well, but didn't want to push her too much on her first time on the board either. She could become a great surfer when she put her mind to it and he was keen for her to learn the art, make a true Australian out of her. But it would be a slow process seeing as she was a bit scared about all of it.

"Go on, have some fun." She told him, giving him a slight nudge as he leant down to kiss her lips again. He simply couldn't stop kissing her. "I'll be here," she told him as she nodded her head towards their towels and stuff that lay on the sand and he nodded his head.

Kissing the top of her head, before picking up his surfboard as she sat down on the beach right in front of backpackers rip. Chris was skilled enough to be going out there in that part of the ocean. If the guys out at the tower asked him to join him for some of their games and raced, he had to be skilled. Well, they had to have faith in his abilities on the board and the water then. And she loved to watch him, to see his body moving on the board as well. Being on the board hadn't been as bad as she thought it would have been. Not that she was ever going to admit that to him or the lads for that matter. She'd never hear the end of it, pulling her shades down over her eyes, she laid back against the backpacks. It was great to just lay there and not stand there to work.

It was probably the first time that she wore a bikini even here. She always wore her shorts, t-shirt or tank top with blue and doctor written on it. She didn't really need a swimsuit either, she wasn't doing any rescues out of the water. Most days she didn't even get her feet wet, so her stomach was still whitish in comparison to the rest of her body.

She propped her legs up so she could rest her book on her legs, she was already propped up on the backpacks so she could look at Chris as well. She wasn't stuck with a medical journal this time, you could only read so many of them. No, recently she'd been reading a lot Dan Brown and Steve Berry, one of her passions were after all history and art. Sure she did like the occasional romance/erotic novel as well, but that wasn't for the beach and certainly not the beach she worked. She'd never hear the end of this otherwise. But her eyes weren't so much focussed on the words in her book than on her boyfriend surfing in the water.

She'd just returned to her book when a shade came over her. A quick scan of the ocean in front of her, she recognised Chris' familiar red trunks. So she turned her head and found Maxi and Chappo there on her side. "Hey, guys." She greeted them, looking up at them, a raised eyebrow in their direction. The beach was pretty quiet, in 3 days time school would start again as well. So the summer was really coming to an end.

"Mads, bored yet?" Maxi asked her as she pulled her shades back to rest on her head. "Not really, just a lazy day really," she told them as the went to sit down on either side of her. "How the vet and you doing?" Chappo asked her as she let out a chuckle and shake of her head. "We're doing good, don't you worry your pretty little head about it." she teased him as they returned to their usual teasing banter and he threw his head back in laughter.

"See, I knew you thought I was pretty." He told her as it was now Maddie's turn to throw her head back and laugh out loud as she watched Chris walking up to them. "Stealing my girl, guys?" Chris asked them in the familiar teasing tone she'd accustomed to working with the boys in blue.