Chapter 4

The pic on the side is of Marcus (another Marcus) who you're meeting in this chapter.

We're moving to Chicago until we find out what's going on.

We went out to lunch. We're in Chicago now. We just off the plane. I'm wearing a black dress that goes to a few inches above my knees, a jean jacket, and a black beanie.

"I'm going to go to the store to get some stuff from the house. I'll drop you off at the apartment and take the boys." Jace says.

"Alright." I nod. He kisses my cheek.

"I'm gonna run to the office first and then I'll go to the store." Jace says.

"Alright."

We drive through the city and he pulls up to a shitty building.

"It's on the second floor, second door to the left." He hands me the key. "If some big dark skinned guy's there, don't be alarmed, okay?"

I nod.

He kisses me. "I'll be back soon. I love you."

"I love you too." I look back at the boys. "I'll see you guys later." I say.

All of them nod.

"Bye Mommy!" Max grins. I smile back and get out.

There's an argument happening upstairs.

"Darla, I've told you! Jace is married!" a guy snaps just as I get onto the second floor. A guy is standing in front of the second door on the right.

He's a big burly dark skinned man that's wildly attractive. His arms are crossed and he's staring down a blonde in a skintight tank top and a black leather skirt.

"And you really need to back off of him-hot damn!" the guy cuts off, resting on me. "You're sexy as fuck!"

"And married." I say. "Is that Jace's apartment?"

"Yes." He narrows his eyes. "I know he's attractive, but you ladies need to go. He's married."

"I know." I say. "To me." I move closer and eye the girl. "Who the fuck are you?"

She flickers her hair over her shoulder. "I'm Darla. Jacey poo's girlfriend."

"Bitch please." I roll my eyes. "I know more about him than you could ever dream of."

"Name one." She sneers.

"Like the fact that he doesn't like piles of makeup."

"That's a hint girlfriend." The black guy says, snapping his fingers like a sassy white chick.

"I know how long his dick is."

"How long his dick is." The guy says, backing me up

"I know how he likes his coffee."

"His coffee." The guy snaps his fingers again.

"I know if his pubes are curly or straight."

"Curly or straight." The guy nods.

"I know if he likes sex hard or soft sweetheart."

"Hard for soft." The guy nods obnoxiously, widening his eyes

I hear an awkward cough. Everyone looks as the staircase.

"Jace! I've missed you baby!"

He worried his bottom lip between his teeth.

"My wallet's in your purse." He says quietly.

I dig around in my purse. Jace walks over to me. He runs his fingers through my hair, completely ignoring Darla.