Chapter 7

"I don't deserve you." I whisper.

"Why's that?" he asks.

"Because you've saved my life so many times."

"I got you out of a fire and brought you back to life. I wouldn't say that I've saved your life so many times. I've hurt you a lot."

"You're the reason I got Charlotte, too, Jace. Give yourself more credit."

"I guess so."

We're laying in the hotel on separate beds, but facing each other.

Him carrying me today was the most I've been touched by him in a long time.

It's midnight.

"We need to have a serious talk." I say, sitting up.

"About what?" he sits up too.

"About us."

He gulps.

"I just want you to listen to a song for me, okay?"

He nods, confused.

I open Youtube in my phone and type in remind me by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood.

I press play and skip the ad, and then we're both silent, listening to the song.

We listen to it in silence.

"I do love you, you know that right?" he whispers.

"I know. I love you too." I whisper. "But it's almost like I'm married to a friend, not a partner. We don't do anything, we just talk and kiss sometimes."

"So you want sex?" he asks.

"Yes!" I say. "That's a big part of relationships. I want cuddling. To others, it doesn't even seem like we're in love."

He's quiet for a long time. "I don't know how to fix it."

"You know if you made a move, I would go along with it, right?" I whisper.

"Yes." He says. "I miss cuddling. I miss holding you when you sleep. Hell, I miss sleeping in the same bed. I know this sounds horrible, but holding you today felt so good."

"Well..." I get up and climb onto his bed.

"Let's take it slow, okay?"

"Okay." He agrees.

"And one more thing." I say.

"Hmm?" he asks.

"Let's build our house."

****

We cuddled all night and got the boys in the morning. My phone starts to ring.

I pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey fire."

"Hey Sabrina." I say.

"How are you?" she asks.

"I'm okay, you?"

"I'm good." She says.

We talk for a while and then he just invite her over. I

I'm working on the blueprints for the house.

Jace and I are talking about it.

"Uh, some lady with red hair and a guy with brown hair and another guy with brown hair and a blonde and some kid are outside asking for you, Rylee." Sabrina says.

"Uh, okay."

"Just tell them to come in." Aubrey shrugs.

She does.