She didn't want him to linger on it. In her mind, it was done, it was over. There was no need for him to dwell on it. But, Embry apparently had more things to say. "I couldn't kill the kid." He admitted, "I thought about it and I tried, but I couldn't. I may be a monster but I couldn't."

Lyra's smirk fell into a soft smile, "Embry... We are all monsters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. And, Embry, you have chosen your light side. And, you're not the only one who wanted her dead. There was a point where even I wanted to kill her."

"But you didn't, you chose not to. You protected her." He replied.

Lyra shrugged, "But I wanted to, and I'll have to live with that for the rest of my life."

Embry threw his arm over her shoulders and the two of them watched their friends act like idiots. It was nice to watch.

***

There was a sinking feeling in the pit of Lyra's stomach that she had her pausing by the front door. She had raised her fist to knock but paused before she could. She didn't want to see him but she didn't want this feud to go on any longer than it already had.

Lyra took a deep breath and knocked softly. It didn't take long for Billy to open the door and she gave him a soft, yet nervous smile. "Hey, Uncle Billy. Is he here?" She asked nervously. The smile on Billy's face fell and he nodded. He pushed back in his chair and let her pass through the doorway. Without another word, he pointed down the hall to the living room and Lyra began what seemed like the long trek through the house.

When she rounded the corner she saw two figures, sitting cuddled up on the couch, just laughing with one another. Rachel saw her first and her jaw dropped slightly, causing Paul to turn around to see what had stunned her. Lyra gave him a small wave but didn't know what to say. Rachel looked back and forth between the two of them before standing up, "I'll let you two talk." She paused next to Lyra and put a hand on her shoulder, "I'm glad you're okay. I'm pretty sure this entire pack would fall apart if something happened to you." She didn't offer Lyra any more words of support, but left the room.

The tension was thick in the air. Lyra felt as if she was able to feel it as it slowed her movements toward the couch. Even when she was shoulder-to-shoulder next to Paul, neither of them said anything. It was Paul who broke the silence first, "You know, you still pack an impressive punch."

Lyra turned her head and looked at him, seeing a wounded look on his face. He didn't know what to expect and neither did she. Finally, Lyra let out a small chuckle, trying to control her expression. She had nearly managed to until she felt the shudder from Paul trying to contain his own laughter. That was when she broke. The two of them burst into laughter.

"What happened to us?" Lyra asked when they finally calmed themselves enough to talk.

Paul lounged back and slung his arm over the back of the couch, "Bella."

Lyra let out a loud snort at his answer, "Yeah, tell me about it."

"Lyra?" She turned on the couch with her legs crossed to look at him. Part of her wanted to hug him and make sure they were okay, but another part of her wanted to punch him right in the nose. "I really am sorry," He confessed, "I never wanted to hurt you or Jake. Sure, take out all of those bloodsuckers but never hurt you." Lyra had to bite her tongue to stop herself from reminding him that if he killed the Cullens that would hurt her, "I messed up. I shouldn't have fed into Sam's bullshit. If you said it was okay, then it was okay."

She finally spoke, "I didn't know it was going to be okay. I thought she would kill Bella, well she did but that's a different story. I thought you would be killed. I thought I'd never speak to you again."