Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Love at first sight"

"Hey watch where you're going, loser!" The blonde girl yelled as Mina hurriedly collected her books.

The mean girls decided to have a "little fun" with the 18-year-old Mina, so one of the girls kicked one of her books making it slide further.

Mina looked up at them, she was furious but knowing that they were bullies and one of the richest girls in school, she chose not to fight back.

"What are you lookin' at huh?!" The girl with the black hair picked Mina up withholding her collar.

The mean girls laughed while Mina was tearing up. She experienced something like this before but not now, she has an important class to attend but she's already 10 minutes late.

"Hey, you dumbass bitches! What the hell are y'all doing to her?!" An unknown girl showed up while walking as if she knew Mina from the beginning.

The black-haired bully dropped Mina to the floor and run away like the cowarded bitches they are. Mina immediately stood up but was about to fall but luckily, the girl had caught her.

"T-Thank you.." Mina said, stuttering. She turned around to see who's the girl.

And she's mesmerized.

She's so beautiful.

Mina thought, it was like.. a love at first sight, the sun hitting the girl's flawless face with a smile plastered on it, the way her short, beautiful hair flowed on her shoulder blades perfectly, and the way her brown eyes shined directly towards her.

"I'm Son Chaeyoung and no worries. If you're getting bullied like this, please don't hesitate to call for help." Chaeyoung said as she offered her hand for a shake.

Mina hesitantly accepted her hand, making Chaeyoung smile. Mina slowly shooked it before pulling her hand away.

Her hand is so soft.

"Yes, thank you again..I-I need to get to class." Mina was about to leave when Chaeyoung stopped her.

"I'm also heading to the same class. Give me your books, I'll carry them for you." Chaeyoung offered.

Mina was not used to someone helping her, she's used to doing things herself even if it's hard, so she can't say yes to the offer.

"N-No... than--" Mina got cut off when Chaeyoung grabbed the books from her arm and carried them without hesitation, she even added the book which got kicked by the bully.

"Hey, it's okay! We're friends now! Come on, let's go now! If the teacher scolds you, I'll stand up for you." Chaeyoung said with so much confidence in her voice which made Mina smile a bit.

Wow, she's so kind..and pretty...
Wait, wait no! Damn it! What if she has a boyfriend?! You dummy!

Mina slapped herself mentally. She nearly gasped when Chaeyoung put her arm around her shoulder and pulled Mina closer to her.

"Actually, I heard from everyone that you're smart, that's why they're bullying you, but please, whatever they're calling you or whatever they're saying to you, do not believe any of it, it's all bullshit, okay? They're just jealous of you because you're smart and pretty!" Chaeyoung said, building up Mina's confidence.

Mina looked at her and she was mesmerized again. Chaeyoung's eyes were something. It was like it was talking to you. It looked so beautiful.

"T-Thank you..again.." Mina said for the third time making Chaeyoung chuckle.

"Are you really this timid? I once saw you singing with so much confidence, I was really surprised that someone actually had the guts to bully you." Chaeyoung scoffed, Mina didn't talk, she didn't like to talk, she liked to listen.

As Chaeyoung was talking, Mina just listens, she nods every time Chaeng made a point and smiled when Chaeng said something funny.

For Chaeyoung, it was fine that Mina is not that girl that is over-reacting, she might be a bit emotionless and shy but she's glad that the girl was making an effort to show that she's listening, and that's enough for her.

When they got to the classroom, Chaeng knocked on the door before opening it, revealing their professor that was discussing a lesson.

The professor looked at them with irritation painted on his eyes, Mina got scared but Chaeyoung stayed still.

"Wow, Ms. Myoui...this is the first time you're late, what's going on? Are you throwing away your studies already? Do you want me to tell your father?" The professor scolded, Chaeyoung got mad and slightly pushed the stick that was pointed at Mina's face.

"Hey, no..she's not throwing away her studies, she was getting bullied earlier that's why we're late, and please don't tell anything to her father, being late is not a crime.. stop acting like we committed a crime or somethin'...." Chaeyoung said, she doesn't know but she doesn't like to see someone say something like that to Mina.

"This better be the last time and you Ms. Son, are you aware that you are failing your math?" The professor shamelessly asked, making Chaeyoung more irritated, she signaled Mina to sit down already, she was shaking but she proceeded to follow Chaeng's order.

"Yes, I'm very aware of that, sir. Please don't bring it up, I know I'm failing but do you really have to shout it out to the whole class?" Chaeyoung said, she can't take it anymore.

"And who gave you the right to answer me that way? Huh?! Who's the professor here? Me or you?" The professor got angry to the point that the lecturing stick was only a few inches away from Chaeyoung's face but the girl stayed still, not moving a muscle.

"You, but sir--"

"Sir please let her go! I'll tutor her." Mina suddenly shouted, the professor moved the stick away from Chaeyoung's face slowly, giving her a look

"That tutoring better help, 'cause I believe that even the smartest kid in this school can't help you..." The professor smirked, Chaeyoung ignored his words and walked towards where Mina was sitting and sat beside her.

"Is it true? You're going to tutor me?" Chaeyoung asked quietly, Mina nodded while taking notes on whatever was on the whiteboard.

"You should take notes too, it will help." Mina suggested while she focused on her notes. Chaeyoung nodded and took out her notebook while her pen was on her uniform.

"I'll just copy whatever you write, my eyesight is getting pretty bad." Chaeyoung said and smiled, Mina just nodded while she was focused.

"Why don't you talk?" Chaeyoung asked quietly while she was writing.

"Ummm... I don't like to talk, I just listen." Mina answered, Chaeyoung nodded since that made sense.

You're so pretty..