The One Where They Sleep Together

After the diner, the pairs headed back to Bucky's dorm. Bucky tossed the post-it that Clint left about how he was staying with Natasha. Briefly, Bucky worried that Bridgette would have to stay the night with him with her roommate busy with his. But he tried not to think about it too much as he somehow persuaded Steve into sticking around to watch some movies.

Of course, he wished that the group had decided on something other than horror movies. Especially if he was going to be sleeping in his dorm alone. Glancing over at Steve, as the petite blond casually shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth while he laughed at the dramatic death on TV, Bucky hoped that he wouldn't be in his dorm alone.

Despite being a horror fan herself, Bridgette kept close to Bucky. For a moment, Bucky wasn't sure what was going on. After all, they weren't on a date and Bridgette had been seeing some girl from her intro to philosophy class.

"He's looking at you," Bridgette whispered into his ear as she rested her head on his broad shoulder.

Bucky wanted to ask if she was sure, but didn't. He didn't want to bring too much attention to himself and his faux date. Plus, he didn't need to since Bridgette softly giggled in her glee into the crook of his neck, "He keeps looking at you."

Then, Steve started choking on the popcorn.

Bridgette moved across Bucky to touch Steve's knee as she questioned in her concern, "Oh my god, are you okay?"

Steve nodded, but continued to choke. Bucky's heart was racing as he patted Steve's back. Trying to help him cough up whatever was stuck in his throat. Wondering if he'd need to perform the Heimlich maneuver or CPR. Of course, those thoughts worried him further as he was reminded of Steve's asthma.

Climbing off the futon, Bucky intercepted the glass of water that Brock got for him. Helping Steve drink, Bucky could only concentrate on him.

And when Steve still wasn't breathing right, Bucky asked, "Where's your inhaler?"

Trying to inhale enough, Steve rasped, "Pocket."

Without any hesitancy, Bucky kneeled in front of Steve and started patting Steve's thighs in search of the inhaler. If Bucky wasn't terrified for Steve's health and safety, he'd thrill at the prospect of touching Steve so intimately.

Grabbing Steve's inhaler, Bucky held it up to Steve's mouth. When Steve's lips wrapped his lips around the device, Steve brought his shaky hand up and covered Bucky's. Tapping Bucky's finger, Steve had Bucky help administer the medication.

"There ya go, Stevie," Bucky encouraged, pressing down on the button to release more of the medication when Steve's finger tapped his again. "There ya go."

Once Steve was able to take in a deep breath, he removed his mouth from the inhaler. Bucky set the device down on the minifridge beside the futon. Resting from the taxing event, Steve let his head lull on the back of the futon. Bucky kept his gaze on Steve and soothingly rubbed Steve's thin thighs.

After a moment, Bridgette suggested, "Perhaps we should go."

Nodding, Bucky stood and received a platonic kiss from the petite blonde. Hoping that she had somewhere to go, and glad that she had Brock to walk her there.

"It was nice to finally meet you," Bridgette smiled and waved at Steve.

Steve opened his eyes and agreed, "You too."

And then he and Steve were left by themselves. Closing the door, Bucky raked his hand through his dark hair and headed over to his closet. Changing out of his own clothes for pajamas, he grabbed a pair of flannel pants for Steve.