04 | ᴋʀɪꜱᴛᴀ ʟᴇɴᴢ

Start from the beginning

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Once we leave Ehrmich, we'll be in Titan territory proper." Hange said to the brown-haired teen that was walking beside them. "Eren. Well enough to ride a horse yet?" Moblit asked him. "Yeah, should be able to manage one without much of a hassle." Eren replied.

"Saddle up then, soldier. There's a mount waiting for you on the left lift—the one beside Lady Luna's." Moblit said, guiding the teen to the mare. "Right." Eren responded, walking away with his senior to the horses.

It wasn't before long when both Levi and Luna arrived back with Pastor Nick. Hange stared off over to the priest, hoping to see his reaction after finally seeing the truth, "Section Commander, we're pressed for time." Moblit turned to them.

"Oh- thanks, Moblit. Give me a sec." Hange walked past him and approached the pastor that came in with the two black-haired soldiers. "So, seem to like it by any chance?" They asked him, expecting a response that would hopefully somehow answer the mysteries of the walls and titans.

Unfortunately for them, the pastor stayed silent, only looking down to the ground. Hange inhaled sharply, glaring at the man, "Oh, goddamnit! Make up your mind! This isn't some spiritual test! Lives are on the line!" Hange yelled angrily.

Although, even with all that yelling, Pastor Nick gave no answer to the question. He only looked down in guilt, "Alas, I have no choice." He mumbled, "The other believers are the same as I, and that will never change."

Hange glared at him in anger, "Fat lotta help you are! Thanks for keeping us company! It's been fun!" They spat sarcastically, stomping away in irritation. However, before they could go any further, the pastor spoke up, "I'd offer my help if I could. But a duty as great as this one is beyond me." He said.

"The Order of the Walls abides by the sacred will our faith commands us to obey." He confessed. Hange rose an eyebrow at him, "Whose sacred will? You mean like a god of something?"

The pastor stayed silent for quite a while. Luna sighed in annoyance, "So... a god of demons? Or is it more of a lord instead? Lord Muzan, like you said earlier?" She spoke up, causing the pastors' eyes to widen slightly, "To think that was all real. I thought it was all a grim's tale~" She had her hand on her cheek.

"Grim's tale?" Hange questioned.

Luna hummed, nodding, "A Demon's Chronicle." She told them the title of the book she has once read that she found in her father and mother's room, "To summarize, it's very similar to how we live our lives today. Except instead of titans, there are demons. Instead of the Survey Corps, it's the Demon Slayer Corps." She said in a 'matter-of-fact' tone of voice, "It was a legend written not too long ago actually!" She added. Mikasa, Armin, and Eren turned to each other, remembering a similar plotline that Luna had once told them when they were kids. She then turned to the pastor, "Isn't that right, Nick?"

Pastor Nick looked down, troubled, "I- I can't answer that." He mumbled, "But, what I can do is provide you with a name. An individual the sacred will in its divine wisdom instructed us to monitor."

"Monitor?" Hange inquired, eyebrows furrowed.

Pastor Nick sighed, "It's a person you know. Someone who enlisted with the Scout Regiment as of this year." He stated, causing the three teen's eyes to widen, "A child by the name of..."

"Krista Lenz"

"IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!" The door inside the courtyard suddenly opened, "I'm with the 104th Cadet Corps! Oh, and my name is Sasha Braus!"

However, the rest were too shocked to hear the girl that had just walked in, "No way..." Eren mumbled.

Hange turned to the three in confusion, "Who?"