xix. pretty women and gigantic men

Dear Diary,
Time to make friends, even if it's with a giant, blue demon and two lesbians.

As the sun began to set, the cold began to set into my bones. I clutched my arms to my chest, grumbling to myself, "Couldn't have at least given me a jacket." The rake bumped the side of his body to my hip before jogging so he was in front of me, bouncing a bit in his steps. It felt like we had been walking for forever, and I was beginning to grow tired. The need to see my boys buzzed through my body, but as the cold began to get worse and worse, I wasn't sure how much farther I would be able to make it.

I took a deep, shuddering breath and paused, leaning against one of the giant trees around us. The rake trotted forward for a bit more before seeming to realize that I had stopped. He stopped and turned, going in circles for a moment, before he spotted me again and ran back over. He stopped in front of me, sitting back on his haunches as he stared at me, tilting his head.

He let out a low chittering sound, and I patted his head gently in response. "Just a second, bud," I mumbled before falling to the ground in a heap. My legs were killing me, and so was my side. I let out a low whine as I let my head fall against the tree. "Fuck."

The rake leaned his head on my legs before slumping down and staring up at me. He let out another noise before tilting his head a few times, motioning for me to look at something. I blearily looked up and was able to make out the faint sight of lights hidden beyond the trees, the faintest glow and sign of life.

I let a smile overtake my face without thinking and pet rake's head. "Thank you so much, buddy. Let me try and get up."

I let out another whine as I pulled myself off the ground, every bone in my body telling me not to. I stumbled forward for a few steps before catching myself on a different tree. The rake stood in front of me, making sure I wouldn't collapse. One of his hands gently pulled on the bottom of my sweats, urging me further.

I hobbled along the way, taking much longer than I should have, but the cold began to make my body lock up and overheat. It took everything in me not to shed my few layers, knowing how bad it would be even if I didn't realize it. When we finally made it to the lights, the woods opened into a clearing revealing a decently sized wood cabin. The lights inside were on along with a few fairy lights strung around the house. I paused at the treeline, but the rake bounded forward, jumping excitedly at the steps as he turned back to watch me as I stumbled forward. I inched up the steps one by one and took another break as I reached the door, breathing heavily. I raised my fist, ready to knock, but before I could, the door was pulled open.

Startled, I almost tumbled back, but the rake placed his head on the small of my back, keeping me upright. "Uh, hello, who are you?" The voice that spoke was low, almost sensual, and I looked up to meet the mask of a woman. The mask reminded me of Masky's, a pure white one with black lipstick, eyeliner, and eyebrows drawn on. The woman herself was wearing a skin tight, long-sleeve dress that fell to mid-thigh. There was a triangle cutout to show a bit of her chest, dark skin poking against dark fabric. Her legs that would have been exposed from her dress were instead covered with a pair of black tights, and she wore a pair of high heels that were a few inches. We were eye level, but I knew she would be much shorter if she wasn't wearing them. Lastly, she had a thick head of curly, black hair that fell to right below her butt.

She waved a hand in front of my face, trying to grab my attention. I hadn't even realized how long I had been standing there just looking at her. I took another deep breath and finally spoke, "I'm sorry; my name's June. I don't know if that helps, but I'm just trying to find my way home, and I got led here."

The woman leaned around me, finally catching sight of the rake as he leaned away from me, looking to her as well. She didn't look scared of him, but I had already figured she had to have something to do with Slender given the mask. She looked curious more than anything. Well, from what I could vaguely see through the mesh behind the mask eyeholes.