xxxii. computer keyboards

Dear Diary,
Slenderman is a bitch, but Sally is the cutest motherfucker alive.

The place was beautiful, I had to admit. Masky was fully out now, pausing just before we entered to put his mask on, handing Hoody his from the backpack. Then, he kicked open the door, taking the lead as we walked through the many rooms, down a path I vaguely recognized as leading to Slender's library-office mix. Smile had disappeared, running off and up a case of stairs almost as soon as we had entered the house. I knew Slender had said that his realm destroyed places, but I wasn't prepared for the sheer difference.

Mottled and dark curtains were replaced with deep red, velvety ones thick enough to block out any light from the windows that were shut. The hardwood flooring seemed almost shiny from how clean and taken care of it was. There was brand new technology like the giant flatscreen mounted to the wall in front of some large L-seat couches, and from the flitting glance I got into the kitchen, it was filled with brand new appliances. How he was able to make and maintain a place like this, I didn't know, but damn if they didn't live better than I had.

Once we had made it to the looming doors of his office, Masky paused, looking over his shoulder at the three of us. Hoody silently pulled away from my side, patting my head affectionately when I turned to him questioningly. Toby also pulled his hand from mine, but he smacked a fat kiss on my cheek as reparations. I clenched my hands at my sides anxiously before crossing my arms over my chest, bouncing from foot to foot. I hadn't realized how calming their touch was, but now without it, I felt I was going to crawl out of my skin from nervousness.

Masky turned back to the door, and then, he knocked. Three hard bangs reverberated down the empty hall. I held my breath. Masky went deathly still for a moment before his arm jutted out quickly, catching me off guard, and he pushed open the door.

Slender was at his desk, poised with his hands clasped on his desk - presumably for the dramatics. We file into the room. Masky stood off to the left, and Hoody silently led me to stand between him and the other while Toby was on the far right. It was silent for a bit.

"I assume there were no troubles with the trip?"

"No," Masky responded, his voice seeming almost robotic. I was too scared to look over. It dawned on me that I had never seen them interacting with the god-like being before, but so far, it wasn't a pleasant experience. "I apologize for getting here early."

Masky's body was shaking, I could feel the vibration where I stood. I finally glanced over, clenching my fists at the sight I saw. His entire body looked like it was locked up, but he was forcibly shaking like it wasn't of his own volition. Even with his mask covering his face, he looked in pain. "Hm, I'll let it pass. This time."

Almost instantaneously, his body dropped.

His knees hit the floor first, and he heaved a few deep breaths, not vibrating anymore, but still shaking from the force it took to properly breathe. I wanted to reach out, to comfort him, but Hoody grabbed my wrist, holding me back, and I settled back into place, staring at the ground so I didn't have to see him.

"You may go to your rooms. Expect to be sent out within the next few days." Nobody moved. I bit the inside of my cheek, jaw clenching uncomfortably. I could barely focus on the words ringing through my head, my attention focused on the man still heaving on his knees. "Go."

Hoody was the first to move, gently grabbing my arm before reaching out for Masky. Masky batted away his hand, standing on shaky legs. Hoody grunted disapprovingly, and then Toby was on Masky's other side, holding onto the older man so tightly that there would have been no easy way to pull away.