xvi. doritos and makeup

Dear Diary,
The moment of rest is well deserved.

Toby pressed his nose to the side of my head, giggling to himself as he did so. "C-come on," he whined, "jus-sss-st l-lay down!"

I huffed happily and gently pushed him away, fiddling with the DVD player I had nestled under the TV. I had told myself so many times to just get a smart TV, something better than this, but no, I pushed it away and away and I was still here. Not like I could get one now, I was running low on expenses after getting fired. Really, I hadn't been fired , but no one had texted me besides Margaret, but that had only been twice. I had just assumed that after not showing up for a few weeks meant that they had fired me or assumed I quit. At the time, it wasn't like I could go back, but now it meant I could cut ties easier.

Sure, I had a family, but they only reached out to me every once in a blue moon. Margaret and the people I worked with were the only ones I actively kept in touch with. Now, it was just me and my boys against the world, it felt like.

As I continued to fiddle with the DVD player, trying to get it to work, I debated on whether or not I should text Margaret back. Maybe tell her I was skipping town. Just so she knows. Then again, I could just disappear all completely.

"Juuuuuuunnnneeeeee," he dragged out, "p-pay atten-tention to meeeeeee!"

I giggled as well, turning to press my lips to his for a second. "There, attention. Now shh for a second."

He let out a groan that turned into a whine as he dramatically fell back and to the floor. "I ju-just w-want looooove!"

"Always so dramatic, Tobes." I smacked the top of it and watched as my TV lit up in the opening credits of the movie. I let out a loud 'ah-hah!' and grinned. "Okay, now , we can cuddle!"

Toby threw himself up into a sitting position, a stupid grin on his uncovered face. He threw his arms around my shoulders and pulled me towards him, practically throwing us onto the ground. "C-c-cuddles!"

"No, wait, Toby, not on the ground!" He tightened his grip, making a noise of indignation. "Come on, let's move to the couch."

"You're gonna fuck up your back if you lay like that for too long, Toby," Brian chided as he stepped into the room, running a hand through his hair. I leaned my head back to look at him. Tim and him had taken a good minute, but I wasn't going to interrupt them.

"C-can't f-fff-feel it any-yways," he grumbled, "but f-fff-fine!" He released his grip, and I pulled myself off, laughing as he bounced up and towards the couch, practically skipping. I followed and let him pull me down into his hold, turning my gaze to the TV as The Lost Boys started.

"You and Tim have fun?" I jokingly questioned, not moving my eyes from the TV.

Brian snorted loudly and fell onto the recliner. "Always," he drawled out making me snicker to myself. Not expected but not unexpected either.

"Brian and I what?" Tim walked in, drying his hands on his pants. "Oh, come on, where's the space for me? You need more chairs, June."

The three of us laughed at that, and I kicked my feet. "Come on, loverboy," I teased. "We got movies to watch."

I could practically feel Tim roll his eyes. "Let me go grab snacks first because apparently no one thought of that."

"Wait, wait, wait," I called as I heard him slowly retreat to the kitchen. His steps faltered. "Come back! Come here!" I strained my neck trying to see him as he came over, giving him a lazy smile. "Come here."

"What?" he questioned, leaning over me the best he could considering Toby had swapped us around so he was covering almost all of me with his body.