Waiting

i didn't proof read this sorry lmao

A day had passed by since your arrival in Seattle. You and Ellie had taken shelter in an empty theatre after being chased down by a hoard of infected.

Unluckily for you, you had caught an illness from the changing weather and decided to hang back from tagging along with Ellie.

You worried about her. Every minute she wasn't with you, you couldn't help but think that the worst had happened to her. Ellie could handle herself, you most definitely knew that for sure. You had witnessed many times on how she fought. All thanks to Joel, Ellie would always fight to see another day.

You lay shivering under a skimpy blanket, backstage in a dressing room, alone. The whole theatre was deathly quiet and you feared anyone sneaking into the front entrance somehow and over powering you.

It had been a few hours since Ellie had kissed you on your cheek and left. Due to your bewilderment and slipping in and out of consciousness, the feeling of her lips still lingered on your cheek.

With no medicine, it would take awhile for you to overcome this illness. You hoped it was time to go home soon but you understood how much this meant to Ellie. A part of you wished that this revenge journey wouldn't turn into an unstoppable obsession. Considering how determined Ellie was, you didn't doubt that upsetting thought.

But you couldn't help your racing thoughts, there was so much happening right now for the both of you.

You slowly got up, shuddering and wrapping the thin blanket around your shoulders.

Making your way through backstage, you stumbled off of the stage steadily, passing by the row of seats and the stray guitar that Ellie had left out in the open.

You opened the two wooden doors that lead into the lobby and huffed from the sudden dropping temperature. You shuffled over to the couch next to the main entrance, sitting in the corner of the couch whilst continuing to shudder.

You waited for what seemed like hours. You didn't dare move from the couch in case Ellie came knocking on to be let back in.

You wheezed out a small exhale and felt yourself slipping into another long slumber.

A knock at the main doors jolted your body awake as you lifted up your head.

"It's me!"

Ellie shouted from the other side.

You shakily got up, pulling the chair away from the door and opening it. You sighed in satisfaction and closed your eyes, pulling Ellie in for a tight hug.

She hugged you back.

"Woah, you're really warm."

You slowly opened your eyes and looked up to a familiar face standing outside.

"Jesse..?"

You let go of Ellie and hugged Jesse tightly.

"What're you doing here..?"

You all stepped into the theatre and Ellie placed the chair back into the door.

"I wanted to help."

Jesse smiled awkwardly and you let go of him. He sat down on the couch and you turned your attention back to Ellie.

"Are you okay?"

You held her face with your hand and looked into her eyes. She lightly smiled at you, nodding and timidly placing her battered hands onto your hips.

Meanwhile, Jesse took off his backpack and boots and emptied them of stray water.

"I still don't feel good.."