CH 49

"Ne, Akio. Mama gave us homework." Akira poked his brother's cheek. Akio lifted his head to meet his twin holding a box of colour pencils and papers. "What homework?" The four-year-old sat up and rubbed his eyes before crawling to Akira. "Mama... Mama told us to write what we want for Christmas!" Upon hearing that, Akio's eyes widened and instantly perked up. He nodded and helped Akira out by clearing the toys around to make space. Colour pencils and some crushed paper were strewn everywhere as time went by and giggles emerged from the twins' room.

It was the last two weeks of the year and you decided to clear your leave by spending time with your family. Christmas was next week and you were busily decorating the house with Christmas lights. The twins were now four and they were the sweetest ever. They helped you up with household chores such as wiping the damp dishes and utensils or wiping surfaces. The smallest things they did make your heart full. Whenever Ushijima was out of the country, they would dash to the living room to switch on the television, remembering the channel that the match would air on. Squeals filled the air watching their father and favourite uncles play. It was funny how their sitting positions could turn into squats and eventually either laying on the couch or the floor while their eyes fixated on the big screen.

The door unlocked as you whipped your head round to see Ushijima, who just had his last meeting of the year with his sponsor. He took off his winter coat and made his way to you, holding you by the waist and leaning down to peck your lips. "Welcome home, baby." You smiled sweetly. "Hey, my love. You did such a great job on the decorations." Your husband complimented while looking around. His eyebrows furrowed, wondering where his sons were and that was when you pointed to their closed room, telling him they might be busy with their "homework".

The door to the twins' room widened slowly as Ushijima peeked in to see his favourite boys laying on their stomachs on the floor. Akio straightened his back when he sensed he was being watched as he turned around to see his father. "Papa!" He scrambled towards Ushijima and hugged his legs tightly. Akira followed suit and clung onto the side of Ushijima's upper thighs. "Hello, my aces. Mama told me that you were doing homework?" "Mhm, mhm!" "Papa, come look!" The twins dragged him into their room. Akio picked up the colourful paper as Akira sat next to Ushijima on the bed. "Mama told us to write what we want for Christmas!" The little boy hopped onto the bed and handed the paper to Ushijima. Your husband angled his gaze to see what was written as his olive eyes widened.

"We want a sister!" Was written along with what seemed like you, Ushijima, the twins and a little girl drawn in pink. "Papa, Yuta-kun has a little sister!" "Mhm! He looks cool taking care of her." Ushijima set the paper on his lap and saw two hopeful pairs of eyes placed on him. "Having a little sister means you two have to take care of her." Ushijima laid down the responsibilities. Instead of backing out, Akio grabbed his teddy bear and cradled it in his arms. "Like this, papa?" He asked as Akira did the same but with a dog soft toy. "Then we will kiss her like this!" Akira smooched the dog's forehead before cuddling it to his chest. Ushijima watched the little boys take care of their soft toys as if envisioning they were their baby sister. 

There was no way Ushijima would not admit the scene was heartwarming and secretly, he has been thinking of having a daughter as Sakusa has his little princess of his own. Ushijima was not one to envy others but something about some of his teammates having daughters made his heart clench the slightest. It seems like his twin sons have answered that thought of his. He also trusted his sons would be responsible older brothers from how they behaved as he was blessed that they were well behaved with minimal tantrums being thrown. "Okay, papa will show this to mama. Let's see what she says, alright?" The glimmer of hope from their father made them squeal in delight before pouncing onto him to smother hugs and kisses which was accompanied by playtime after.

You were doing some last-minute Christmas shopping for the few parties you have been invited to. The cart was filled as you double-checked the items before proceeding to the payment page. Ushijima entered the room after putting the twins to sleep and the paper in his hand caught your attention. "Akio and Akira showed me what they wanted for Christmas." Ushijima broke the silence as he sat on the edge of the bed. "Oh? That's fast of them!" You giggled, surprised that they did not take as long as the previous year. "So, what do they want? I bet it's that robot we saw a while back." You chuckled, already placing the budget aside for it. There was no response from Ushijima as you turned back after shutting down your laptop. "They want something else." He felt you sitting on his lap and taking the paper from his hand.

"Oh my gosh..." You breathed upon seeing what your sons wanted. "What do you think about it?" Ushijima propped you closer to his warmth and wrapped his arms around your waist. Your angled your head to look at your husband, only to see hope in those beautiful olive eyes. You knew Ushijima the best and from what this certain look told you, it was evident that he wanted to make the twins' dream come true. It all made sense, you sometimes caught your husband staring at Sakusa's or Atsumu's daughter with a faint smile and endearing eyes. He also reminds your little boys to play nice and gentle with his teammate's daughters whenever they had a playdate. Your husband wants a princess of his own too.

"Okay." It was all you responded as you stood up and set the paper aside. Ushijima followed you behind, "Really? It's your body and you have the final say. It's alright if you don't want to-" "Toshi." You cut him off and run your hands on his sturdy chest, drawing random shapes to calm him down. "I'm fine with it. Let's have another baby and hopefully," You took his hands to kiss them. "It will be a girl." You grinned. Ushijima processed all of this before nodding along with his handsome smile only reserved for the family. 

"Thank you, my darling. I love you." 

"I love you too, Toshi."

A/N: Omg Christmas is next Saturday!! Time flies, right? :')