CH 38

"You sure we should do this?" "Mhm, aren't you curious about how Wakatoshi will react?" In front of you were a compilation of tiktok pranks done on couples. Tendou though it was a fun idea and an interesting take to how his best friend would react to them being the stoic man he has always been. The red head just wanted to see how Ushijima would behave to the pranks that he has compiled and shared it with you. You brought up that your boyfriends one to take things very literal and was worried that it would go wrong. All Tendou was scoff and pat your head gently, assuring you that it was going to be fine. However, how fine was fine?

The day started afresh as Ushijima was seen by the doorway preparing to head out. His voice rang through the penthouse announcing that he was leaving as you nodded. "I'm heading out now, love. I'll see you later." He angled his body forward with the thought of kissing your lips like always but you swerved away. "Bye. I love you!" Ushijima stood there confused because you were always accepting his advances. This made him think if he had done something wrong but you were one to sit down and discuss if issues arise rather than keeping it to yourself. He decided to have another try, this time wrapping an arm around your waist to trap you in his hold. However, you swiftly rejected yet again, the reason being that you needed the bathroom. Ushijima thought it was just you being urgent for relief as he nodded and left the penthouse. Yes, he was confused but that was not enough. According to Tendou, Ushijima's confusion would be dismissed within a few hours which was no fun.

True to Tendou's words, Ushijima was fine during his time at the training centre. He was looking forward for make up kisses as what you referred to whenever either of you had to rush off. Ushijima was home earlier than expected and was waiting for your arrival. About a few hours later, you were home and the first thing you did was wash up and change. Ushijima had his legs spread open, waiting for you to sit on his lap as he watched you entering the kitchen. In your hands was a container of biscuits and it seemed like you were having a hard time opening it up. "Ushijima Wakatoshi." The man snapped his head to fully view you in his vision as you held up the container. "Could you help me open this?" Carefully, Ushijima got up the couch to assist your difficulty. He grabbed the container and tried to twist it open only to fail. The man had a frown on his face, breaking his stoic expression and continued to persevere.

About 15 minutes passed and you came back from the bathroom to see your boyfriend still trying his best. The sight was endearing yet heartbreaking as you felt bad watching him doing his best, not knowing it was superglued. "It's okay, I'll just have something else." Your heart sunk seeing how red his palms were. "I'm sorry, love. I just wanted to be helpful." He apologized and hearing that made you cry within. Why was he apologizing when he was the one getting pranked? It should be you! It was funny how the whole idea of getting a reaction out of Ushijima was reflected on you instead.

What made you give up on the whole day of pranks was when both of you were in the bedroom. You stood before the full length mirror for a few minutes before looking at Ushijima from the reflection. "Hey, do you think my boobs are small?" Ushijima looked up to you who was turning to face him. "Who said that?" "What? No, I-" "Love, did someone speak bad about your body?" The atmosphere in the air changed into a serious one from how Ushijima's voice deepened and the way he pulled you down to sit next to him while holding your hands. "Just so you know that I love every inch of your body and some outsider should not bring down your thoughts in your own body image. Is that the reason why you have been acting differently today? I'm here if you want to talk about it, love." He stared at you earnestly. That was it.

"Toshi, baby. I was just pranking you the entire time." You bit your lower lip, voice coming out in a whisper. You were ready to face disappointment from Ushijima and you felt sick at the thought. "I'm sorry..." You croaked as tears of guilt welled your lower waterline. In that moment, your body was lifted up and placed on a pair of muscular thighs, face buried into Ushijima's chest as a hand of his was placed on the side of your thigh while the other caressing your back to comfort you. "It's okay, my love." His chest rumbled when he spoke.

Looking up, your tears were wiped away by him as a small, adoring smile was seen on his face. "Do your hands still hurt? They turned red when you tried prying the superglued container open..." You took his palms to observe them. Shaking his head, Ushijima kissed your forehead affectionately as you sobbed again when you brought up his shocked features with a tinge of fear when you addressed him by his full name. He bounced you up and down on his lap while littering kisses your face to coax you from the crying.

He brought up that this was something Tendou might pull during high school and silence followed after making him frown. You peaked at him through your wet lashes when he place two and two together, nodding when he asked if this was all Tendou's idea. They were definitely best friends. "He said he'll give me the first taste when the new product releases..." Spilling the bribe that Tendou made. "Oh, darling. Just tell me when you want chocolates and I'll get them for you." Ushijima held onto your hand and brought it to his lips to kiss them sweetly. Nodding, you were brought into a soft kiss and pecks too after you pulled away from Ushijima. He pinched your cheek softly before hoisting you to lay on his chest while he rubbed your back from underneath the shirt you stole from him. You never wanted to prank your boyfriend again and it's safe to say that Tendou got an earful from Ushijima the next day.