CH 29

Warning: Making out and mentions about sex

Pinterest. Pinterest was your best friend for desperate measures. Your head lacked ideas for what to wear for this evening's event. Rummaging through the closet did not help the slightest but made you feel worse. The event this year was held at a convention hall in a five-star hotel instead of Miyagi and knowing Tokyo, it consisted of some sleek hotels. It seemed like a simple long thin-strapped dress and a chained crossbody bag would suffice. With that, you let out a sigh of relief and started working on your makeup.

Ushijima walked by you smelling like aftershave cream and he was already dressed in a dress shirt with suit pants hugging the curves of his muscles thighs. He took out a few suit blazers to choose which matched best before making the final decision. You did some finishing touches for your makeup before grabbing the dress you had in mind and left to change. Coming out of the bathroom, you stood before the full body mirror to check yourself out and wore some accessories before spritzing your favourite perfume.

"What do you think, baby?" You turned to your boyfriend who was by the edge of the bed. Ushijima scanned your body, even the littlest details and a smile plastered his features. "You look beautiful as always, love." You internally punched the air and approached Ushijima to kiss his forehead for being the sweetest being ever. "Argh, says the one who's Addias' ambassador." You teased. The scent of 'Wood Sage and Sea Salt' by Jo Malone entered your senses when you neared him made you rub his cheek affectionately. You had a thing for men who smelt great and was blessed that Ushijima was one of them. You were sure that you were a war hero in your past life to have him as your boyfriend.

You held onto his face and squish his cheeks to make his lips pout to plant pecks on them. The kisses left faint lipstick stains on him, "We should take pictures!" You complimented while smiling sweetly. Grabbing your phone, you plopped onto his lap and tapped on the 'Camera' app to flip it to selfie mode. "Smile, Toshi!" You hovered the phone around the air to find the right angle. Ushijima let out the softest smile and proceeded to wrap his arms around you before placing his cheek on the side of your head. The big man was trying his best to accommodate to you knowing that he was not the best with facial expressions especially in front of the camera.

You were in his hold reviewing the pictures you took and noticed the smile on Ushijima's features. That made you eyes softened and you zoomed in to him, "My handsome baby." You grinned and looked to the side to face him. "Yeah? Look at that smile of yours. I love it." You kissed his cheek. "I love you." Ushijima flustered and did not know how to respond at that sudden affectionate moment. He, in fact, hid his face in the crook of your neck and inhaled the scent of your perfume. "I love you too..." He mumbled against your skin, lips curling as those words imprinted in your memory.

"Oh! Wakatoshi-kun's here with y/n-chan~" Tendou sang with arms waving in the air. There was a group of men accompanying the red head fixating their attention on Ushijima and you. "Captain!" "Ushijima-san!" They greeted enthusiastically. Ushijima acknowledge them and did the same too before the group riled up with voices overlapping one another. It was a new sight to see Ushijima conversing with his volleyball team from high school with his teammates still looking up to him as captain. "Y/n-chan, did you come here for the food?" Tendou slid his way to you. "Oh, Tendou. I actually did it as a joke and Toshi sulked a little." You giggled, cupping a hand to hid your lips secretively. "Eh?! Really?! Didn't know Wakatoshi-kun would do that. You really bring out different sides to him, y/n-chan." The corners of his lips curled and patted your head.

"Ushijima, aren't you going to introduce your date for the night?" Semi cocked a brow along with a playful smirk. One of Ushijima's arm snaked your waist to pull you next to him, sharing eye contact for a moment. "This is y/n, my significant other." He went straight to the point and this earns playful coos and looks from the others. "Hello, I'm (l/n) (f/n). It's nice to meet all of you!" You beamed and waved at them. It was heartwarming that the boys made you feel inclusive as if you attended Shiratorizawa. Tendou stood by Reon chirping about the good old days and brought up embarrassing things that caused Semi to groan in annoyance. More team mates like vice captain, Jin, rolled into the gathering later and joined the conversation with a big smile on his face.