CH 32

"Y/n-chan~ I missed you so much!" For the past minutes, Yuki has been squished up to you and hugging you on the couch with a pout. Haru groaned and rolled his eyes before whacking his older brother's arm in annoyance and tidied your hair. Yuki and Haru were more like your older brothers than cousins as they doted you like their blood sister. Ever since young, they played and took care of you. Making sure you were not getting bullied and if such circumstances happened, they would deal with whoever it was as soon as possible. Yuki was the outgoing and mischievous one while Haru was the composed and mature one though he was the younger sibling.

Yuki roamed the surrounding only to find Ushijima sitting on the other couch. He waltz over to him and plopped down on the empty area. "You must be Ushijima Wakatoshi, right? My dad sang nothing but praises about you!" Yuki beamed. Ushijima straightened his back and nodded wordlessly with a slight blush on his cheeks. A smile painted on Yuki's face but turned into a mischievous smirk and flickered his eyes at you for a second. "So you're my y/n-chan's boyfriend? What do you like about her? Do you think she's pretty? Well, she is. Isn't she? Of co- Ow!" Yuki yelped when a pillow flew into his face. He looked up to see that Haru had a scowl on his face as if telling his brother to shut his trap. In you came pulling Yuki's ear with baring teeth out of irritation. "Stop making my boyfriend uneasy, stupid." "Y/n-chan, this is not how you treat your older- Ouch!"

You grumbled under your breath and made your way to your poor boyfriend. Plopping in between him and Yuki, you sent your cousin a death glare and bickered with him. He was a carbon copy of Uncle Fuki and sometimes you wonder how you have dealt with them. "Stop it!" You shielded Ushijima from Yuki by hugging him closer out of protectiveness. "I just wanna know your star player of your boyfriend better!" "Yuki, quit whining and leave Ushijima alone." Ushijima was in the middle of the childish banter with snarky comments here and there. He was already well aware of your loud relationship with Uncle Fuki but now that your cousins were here, it was just chaotic.

As usual, Aunt Yumi entered the scene to simmer the lot of you before Haru could smack Yuki again. She had to do the damage control of the household being probably the one and only normal family member. She informed that dinner was ready and to wait for a while more for Uncle Fuki's return. It was as if he heard you from far because he stepped in a few minutes later. Yuki ran to his father while Haru bowed slightly to greet him. While they were having their moment, you held onto Ushijima's cheek to make him turn to you. "You alright, baby? I'm sorry if we're too much. Yuki's just being stupid as usual." The last words were muttered under a breath. "I'm alright, love. I enjoy the liveliness of your family. It makes me feel welcomed." Ushijima held onto your hand and stroked it. You sighed and brought up what happened back there, thanking him for stopping that slap in time. "Thank you, baby. Love you." You kissed his cheek to emphasize your gratitude.

"Y/n and Ushijima sitting on a tree! K.I.S.S.I.N.G!"

"For the love of Uncle Fuki's remaining brain cells. Shut up, Yuki!"

"Huh?! Why was I brought in?"

"Because unfortunately... He's your son, dad."

"Haru!"

"Stop yabbering and come have dinner, guys!"

Unpacking the last of your belongings, you stretched to relief any sore muscles and let out a sigh. This was exciting because you have official moved in with Ushijima. He entered the room after answering a call from a sponsor and offered to help but shook your head telling him that you were finally done and was ready to take a bath. You deserved a warm, long bath after a tiring day. Both emotionally and physically. "Wanna join me, Toshi?" You offered and picked up your towel. He simply gave a nod before following you behind to the bathroom.

A relaxing sigh left your lips as you soaked yourself in the lavender scented bathtub. Candles were lit too adding to the steamy room with the sounds of water swishing. Ushijima's broad body laid against your chest as your legs were either side of him for better position. "Today was something, huh?" You broke the silence and fixed your chin on his shoulder. Ushijima hummed with today's events running through his mind. People had a hard time reading Ushijima because of his stoic features but you were different. You could pick up how he was feeling just by the slightest frown he had when he was troubled or the way his eyes widened subtly when intrigued. Tonight, he had a small frown.

"What's on your mind, baby? Speak to me." Lips brushing against his cheek as the water level rose a bit after Ushijima sunk himself deeper. "It's just your mother." Heartbeats fastened when he brought that up but you stay composed. "What about it?" "I felt angry." His hands fiddled under the murky water but you held onto them, silently telling him that you were here and everything was alright. It was a little hard for Ushijima to express his feelings and the best you could do was to be there for him, listening silently to give him all your attention. You did so while pressing soft kisses from his shoulder to his neck and cheek as encouragement. He doesn't like the feeling of being vulnerable but things were different if it was you. Ushijima opens up to let you hear and see his purest form.

"When she attempted to hit you, my heart dropped. I felt..." He trailed off, trying to find the right emotion. "Anxiety? Panic? Or perhaps, scared?" You helped by listing our possible feelings while propping his face sideways for you to peck his cheek properly. "I felt angry and scared." Humming, you stroked his damp locks and caressed his back. "I could see that. Your expression back there told me." You explained to him that it was normal for such negative emotions to happen at once. He was human and it was absolutely alright. You also had to bring in examples of negative emotions from volleyball matches like if his spikes can continuously blocked or when the determining winning set point keeps going up like there was no ending. You told him that it was fine to feel that way even during intense moments.

On the other side of things, your eyes kept laying on Ushijima's nape. It was pretty and you could not resist to kiss it. He jumped a little at the sudden contact on such a sensitive area making you apologize while giggling, telling him that you could not help it. "Gosh, Toshi. I love you, my baby." You sighed in bliss and pulled him closer. Ushijima snuggled closer to you and leaned his head back to rest against the skin connecting your shoulder and neck. This gave you easier access to peck his lips just by leaning forward a little. He nudged his nose against your jawline and brushed his lips on it. "I love you too, my love." His deep voice came out in a whisper and enjoyed the rest of the bath before heading to bed.