06. Haggling For Pasta

Start from the beginning

"Mmm, keep talking..." I murmured, lost in a world of cool comforters and warm baths and his cooking.

"Imagine, Wi-Fi," he moved around me, talking softly, switching from my left ear to my right one.

I shivered as his breath caressed my ear.

"The kitchenette smelling like warm, fresh food, a comfy sofa to lounge on as we watch Friend's re-runs, just like in high school."

I grinned, thinking back to those days, then sighed, "I'm probably going to regret this but, okay."

He threw his hands up in the air and yelled a very excited 'yes'. "Thank you! I love you! You rock! You won't regret it!" he yelled, picking me up and spinning me around.

"Put me down, you nutjob." I demanded but I was laughing too much to sound serious. Being engaged to my best friend, didn't seem that bad anymore.

He put me down, kissed my cheek and began to walk away.

I watched him take a few steps then stop.

"Oh, right, I almost forgot!" he turned back, pulled out a bunch of kays and handed them me.

"REED!" I yelled after him as he made his escape back into the building, laughing.

***

I sure regreted like I'd expected.

The warm water beat down on my back in a pulsating massage, okay maybe not so much.

I took a deep breath and screamed. "REED!"

He came rushing in. "What? What happened?"

"Give the damned towel back, you brain-dead jerk!"

"Shit, Lees... I thought you were dying, don't ever do that again..."

"Towel! Now!"

He paused. "First flash me."

"Wha-- no!"

"Come on, I've seen you naked a million times before!"

I flushed, embarrassed, I held the curtain in place so he can't move it aside. "Not for the passed six years! Now give me the towel and go away."

He sighs, I could practically imagine him pout exaggeratedly. "Fine then, no pasta for you, for dinner."

I was conflicted. I would walk a mile on my hands for the pasta he makes. I hesitated. "Wait..."

"Yeah?" I could hear the grin in his voice.

I frowned. "How about another deal?"

"I'm listening."

"You give me pasta and you get... one kiss."

"A full make out."

"Two kisses."

"A full make out with breast-feeling rights."

"What? No! That's not how this goes."

"Two make outs and a grope."

I opened my mouth and shut it, biting my lower lip.

"So what's it going to be?" He challenged.

"No way, what do you think I am?"

"My fiancé!"

He did have a point.

"This isn't fair."

He sighed. "Okay, how about this, we share a bed at night."

"What?"

"Nothing physical just sleep, next to each other, in the same bed."

He's such a sweet heart at times, I smiles, whispering a small 'aw'. "Deal."

"Deal."

I grinned at the thought of his pasta.

"Should we shake on it?"

I began to hand my hand out. Then paused.

"Maybe later." I said, "Now about that towel?"

"That'll be one kiss." he chuckled.

"Reed, please I'm getting cold."

There was a pause then he pushed his hand through the gap between the curtain and the wall, the towel in his hand. I took it.

"Thanks." I smiled, he was so sweet at times.

I was dressed and heading out for my evening run in twenty minutes.

The smell of pasta has flood the cute little, well equipped kitchenette, so I had to get out before I sold a make out for an instant taste.

Believe me, if you tasted his pasta you'd sell your soul go him for a second taste, irrespective of orientation, principles or morals.

I was happily jogging down the road, to the park taht I usually go for a run in and I spot a man in black.

It was Mr. Giraffe stalking around with his head bandaged in white.

I stopped dead in my tracks when our eyes met.