E

"Why would you ever kiss me?"

"there y/n-chan I kissed it all better~" Oikawa joked when he hit the side of her face with a volleyball.

Y/n remembered that she had blushed bright red and Oikawa teased her about it for weeks.

But now she stands here full water bottles in her hands watching Oikawa say the same things to heather.

Oikawa had taken y/n's advice and given heather the ring. He did it in front of the whole team.

Y/n looked at them with a bright smile plasters on her face only to go home and cry herself to sleep afterwards.

" i'm not even half as pretty "

Y/n often compared herself to heather these days. She was so much better than her. She was...perfect.

Whereas y/n was being selfish trying to take away her best friends happiness. Who have her such a right?

Iwaziumi was still as worried as ever and tried to keep the group together by the thin threads.

Oikawa and heather were together more cutting off Iwaziumi and y/n. They were always going on dates and hanging out.

Iwaziumi didn't want to admit it but he was slightly bothers by it. Oikawa has annoyed him since they were kids and suddenly he leaves him and y/n for a girl.

He has nothing against heather but he couldn't help but feel a bit sour towards the couple as well.

"you gave her your sweater"

"wear this heather-chan! With you are my good luck charm. But with my sweater we will surely win!" Oikawa said smiling down at the brown haired girl.

Y/n and Iwaziumi watched in the background and y/n looked down sadly. Maybe...I should end this?

She thought looking back up at the couple who were now hugging each other. I'm only suffering.. And if I tell him my feelings he'll suffer too.

"Guys warm up!" the coach yelled as shiratorizawa walked into the stadium. I was the head manager so I stayed down with the team.

"its just polyester"

Oikawa gave heather a peck on the lips before throwing a peace sign at her "cheer for me!" She smiled "of course I will love you!"

Y/n winced slightly and walked over to the water bottles. "love you too!"

Feeling her heart shatter she placed the last water bottle in its holder before sitting next to the coach.

The match started and once again after being so close.....we lost.

Y/n  looked at the team sadly tears forming at the corners of her eyes. They tried so hard. All the third years...won't get another chance.

she walked up to the team patting them on there backs. "Its okay you guys did your best." She said a tear sliding down her cheek.

Her heart clenched as she saw Iwaziumi and Oikawa burst into tears.

"but you like her better"

She went to go comfort Oikawa but he ignored her running to heather who hugged him as he cried into her shoulder.

Turning away letting more tears fall she embraced Iwaziumi. "Its okay you did your best! You did awesome Im so proud of you"

He hugged her back crying before she patted him on the back. "you have to go shake hands" y/n said softly.

He nodded pulling away and wiping his eyes with the back if his hand.

Y/n watched them go gathering the towels and water bottles. She looked at ushijima who stared back at her uninterested. Looking away sadly she walked over to the team.

"let's go guys..."

"I wish I were heather"