H

"As she walks by"

Its been a two months since Oikawa started dating Heather. And everything felt like it was falling apart.

Every look, kiss, or smile they shared felt like a knife to the chest.

"what a sight for sore eyes"

"hey y/n!" Oikawa said as he visited the job y/n got for after school.

"Hello Oikawa" y/n greeted looking at her friend with a fake smile.

"your a girl right?" He asked fiddling with his fingers like he always does when he's nervous.

She looked at him with an eyebrow raised "I would hope so. What's bothering you?"

"Its about Heather" y/n's smile dropped for a second before she pushed it back onto her face "what about her? Did you two break up?"

She felt bad for wanting them to break up. They were the perfect couple...

"No I wanted to get her a promise ring!" Her heart felt like it had been hit with a hammer and shattered into a million pieces but she smiled anyway. "go for it Im sure Heather would love it"

Oikawa smiled fondly at y/n when the words heather left his lips "especially after the present she gave me on my birthday" he said

"brighter than the blue sky"

and y/n wanted to say it was me not her you idiot but held her tongue.

Y/n had spent all year making his gift. It might not have seemed like much but it was to Oikawa.

When Oikawa was little his house burned down and he lost a childhood blanket that his father gave him before he died.

Y/n had found an old photo and decided to recreate it for his upcoming birthday

But heather was so busy making decorations and food that she forgot to get him an actual gift.

So y/n gave her hers....

"Ah! Y/n what do I do?! He's almost here with Iwaziumi and I forgot to order his gift"

heather said frantically pacing back and fourth the apartment that Oikawa lived at.

Glancing at the picture on a desk of him and heather she felt a familiar pang in her chest. That is where a picture if him and her used to be.

She smiled slightly as she remembered the day. Oikawa and her had gone to the amusement park and he was afraid if the roller costars

She had bribed him with cotton candy and milk bread if he got on with her because she was scared too.

Then they took a photo together of y/n feeding a pouting Oikawa some cotton candy.

Snapping out of her daze she looked at Heather. "You can have my gift. Just tell him that I told you the story"

she then explained what had happened and heather b threw her arms around y/n hugging her tightly.

"Thank you!" Y/n smiled passing over the white box with a teal ribbon tied over it.

Y/n looked as heather shyly handed over her gift. "It took me forever to make I hope you liked it"

But you didn't do anything! Y/n wanted to say

but watched broken heartedly as Oikawa opened the blanket and looked at heather with happy tears in his eyes.

"Y-you made this?"

"Yes! I hope you like it"

"she's got you mesmerized"

Snapping back into reality she looked at Oikawa to listen to what he had to say. "What's the promise?" Y/n asked.

"I'm going to promise to marry her"

"While I die"