A

"Why would you ever kiss me?"

Y/n could remember how her and Oikawa met. It was in middle school. Y/n was at her locker putting her books away and Oikawa had walked up to her.

"hello beautiful. Im Oikawa and you are?" Y/n had blushed and looked at her shoes "Im y/n-" before she could finish her sentence Oikawa's lips were on hers.

But before she could react he pulled away a small smerk playing in his lips. A boy with an onion head known as kindaichi walked over to Oikawa and a blushing y/n.

He laughed "I didn't think that you would actually do it!" He said laughing and y/n looked down.

So it was a dare? She though but Oikawa had smiled at her "you seem cool. Plus your cute wanna be friends?"

Thats how there friendship started. Quickly her Oikawa and Iwaziumi  became friends.

But now she is watching while Oikawa kisses Heather's lips. She had just come from her classroom to drop off some papers and she stoped at the door staring at the two.

Turning away she ran to the bathroom as quietly as she could trying not to attract attention to herself. Before locking herself in a stall.

"Im not even half as pretty"

Y/n looked in the mirror looking at her puffy eyes. She touched a strand of h/c hair wishing that it was as silky as Heather's.

Looking at her dull e/c eyes she thought about how bright and   cherry heathers were.

After pulling herself together she wiped her eyes and dropped off the papers to a now empty classroom before going to the gym.

Oikawa had his arm slung around heather and his eyes were sparkling as he looked at heather.

"y/n-chan!" Oikawa called waving her over. Ignoring the pang in her chest she walked over with a smile.

Lucky she had brought makeup with her or else she would have been questioned about puffy eyes.

"yes toru?" She asked and Oikawa beamed at his best friend. "Heather and me are dating!" He said and the girl next to him nodded enthusiastically.

"t-thats great! Im so happy for you toru!" Oikawa started talking and y/n wanted to cry and break down right on the spot but kept the fake smile plastered on her face.

"Toru quit talking Y/n's ear off Im jot that great" heather said when Oikawa was naming everything beautiful about Heather.

Y/n let out a small laugh before walking away. The team seemed to approve of there relationship as well. Iwaziumi Even liked Heather.

But then again what wasnt there to like. She was beautiful, charming and good natured. Everything I'm not...y/n thought sadly.

The three of them went out for dinner to celebrate Oikawa and heather.

Y/n's cheeks hurt with how much fake smiling she's done. When they were done they started walking and y/n shivered slightly. Getting a feeling of Deja Vu y/n gave a small smile.

But this time she wasn't the one in his sweater. "Heather are you cold?" Oikawa asked fretting over his girlfriend.

Heather giggled and nodded "I forgot my jacket" she said Oikawa smiled and handed her his blue jacket. They had a game today and if course he brought it.

"you gave her your sweater"

Y/n watched as heather put on his blue sweater. She skilled st him and Iwaziumi noticed that y/n was also cold and offered his jacket but y/n politely declined.

The four of them walked together the night ending like it had been for the past few weeks. Iwaziumi waves goodbye and Oikawa and heather leave.

Then Im stuck walking home alone trying my hardest not to cry before getting home and breaking down in my room.

It hurts. Why can't he love me like he does her? Am I not enough! Am I ugly? Him giving her her sweater hurt more than it should have.

"its just polyester"

Big fat tears rolled down her cheeks. Everything felt like it was crumbling into pieces. Its like killing herself without actually doing it.

Suppressing all if her emotions. Hiding them with a fake smile all while she's internally screaming for help. For someone to pull her out of the inevitable darkness that was overwhelming her.

If only Oikawa loved her the way she loved him. But he didn't.

"but you like her better"

Watching them kiss and snuggle hurts like a knife to the chest. But she has to let him go. She doesn't own him.

If she truly lives him she has to let him be happy right? But thats didn't stop her from wishing the roles were reversed.

"I wish I were Heather"

I tried to write it more angst. But Im not good with writing emotions so tell me if it sounds stupid or not