{2} Happy Progress Day!

Start from the beginning

«It really is...» I sense his eyes on me, but I'm too shy right now to face him, so I keep my gaze straight.

«But it's also sad.» he continues, «Stuck in an endless cycle it cannot break on its own.»

«That's what makes it beautiful. It needs a real interaction to be understood. If you saw a picture of it, it'd seem like a hard-working machine. But it's showing us what it feels. We're seeing its most intimate part... Uhm- I'm sorry I'm being rude talking all this nonsense, and not even looking at you-» I moved my gaze to him, and standing in front of me is a much older man, very tall, slim, short black hair with a lock of it near his face: a giant scar all over his eye, which is black with the iris orange. I couldn't do much but stare, I was fascinated by it.

«I'm sorry for my eye, I know it must be disgusting to look at.» he says, his hand trying to cover it. «Oh no no, please. I'm mortified for staring, it's just that I find it very special.» I will never forget this innocent, confused look he just gave me.

«I'm Y/N by the way, nice to meet you, Sir.» His blue's eye pupil dilated «Oh, well the pleasure is all mine, Y/N. My name is Silco. So, where have you been hiding Miss? I would've noticed you around, and by your accent, you are from Piltover.» I blushed a little.

«I don't leave the house much. Are you from Piltover as well?» «Kind of, nearby...»

We talked for 2 hours, about anything that would come to mind: art, my studies, my training, gossip even. He talked very little about himself, he just said he's a businessman, who recently had some free time to explore art. The more we talked, the more fascinated I was about his mind. He's smart and charismatic and he wants to learn. He hates the idea of wasting his time thinking about furniture or building a mansion, he wants to learn all that this world has to offer and help the poor. I tried my best to water down my routines, to appear more average as possible: for once, I have the opportunity to have an honest conversation and be the real me.

«So you don't have a literature teacher? You have a yoga trainer but no literature?» «Well no, my parents have been searching for one but no one would fit their expectations.» «Well, that's unfortunate. There's a bookshop nearby where you can buy books and read them there, they have areas where you can sit and read. I can show it to you,» he said, offering his hand to me.

Maybe it was the way the sun was reflecting on his scarred eye, but at that moment I felt like my heart was beating for the first time.

I took his hand and unexpectedly it was delicate and soft. We moved through the crowd and I blushed at the thought that people would maybe think we are a couple. He showed me the place, it was giant: tons of shelves and aisles, it felt like an ancient library.

It was almost 5 hours, so I couldn't stay any longer

It was almost 5 hours, so I couldn't stay any longer. «Goodbye, Miss Y/N.»

«I don't think I will be able to see you again Silco, but I wish I could.» «I will be here to read by myself tomorrow morning. It'd be a nice coincidence to meet you.»

«Well, if my personal trainer broke a leg I could read all the books in the world!» I jokingly said, before leaving.

I went back to Heimerdinger and stayed with him for a few more hours to follow Progress Day's stalk, before escorting me back home.

-------

A/N: The artwork mentioned is Can't Help Myself, by Sun Yuan & Peng Yu. I'm not adding pictures because it could look a bit gore-y, but I suggest you check it out, it's one of my favorite modern art pieces.