Turtlejou

Turtle's POV

I watched wistfully as Toucan and Lily headed off to school. Personally, I would let them stay with me forever, but Kinkajou didn't want me to come off like the impulsive crazy parent. Which I am, but of course I'm not going to show any parent that. Any parent but Kinkajou. Because she's the love of my life. However, as much as I would hate for this to happen, I would use her as a human shield if I had to protect my babies. And there I go, I thought, scolding myself, being impulsive and the crazy parent. Just let your children be and don't use your wife as a human shield. 

As I watched them leave for preschool, I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist. I smiled and turned around and smiled at my beautiful wife. "Hi," I purred. 

"I know you're upset about Lily and Toucan leaving," Kinkajou started, her eyes becoming a little green. She must be worried about me, I thought. Aw. "But, you know this could be a plus. You know with you working at home and me not having a job yet," she continued. "We could make it work." 

"Well, it worked before," I cooed, lifting her head up with my finger. When I gazed into her yellow and pink eyes I started to smile wider. To think that about 5 years ago I would barely be able to even go up to talk to her. Now I'm her husband and making her blush and stammer. "Hey, at least we have the whole house ourselves," I smiled. "You don't have to make lunch for two children anymore," I said with a laugh. 

Kinkajou then bit her lip and looked up to smile at me. "Three," she said. I turned my head to her and shook it. 

"Three? No, I think we only have two children," I mumbled. 

"Wel...I'm eating for two now..." whispered Kinkajou. She looked down and held her stomach like she was carrying a baby. That's when I realized that she was carrying a baby. My jaw dropped in unbelief. 

"Really?!" I exclaimed with a smile on my face. "You're pregnant?" 

"Yup," she laughed. I picked her up and spun her around in a circle, making Kinkajou laugh with joy. "It's so exciting right!" Kinkajou beamed. 

"I love you, Jou-Jou," I whispered in her ear. 

"Jou-Jou?" she muttered, her head tilting a bit in confusion. 

"It's my new nickname for you, like it?" I asked. 

"I love it. Just as much as I love you," Kinkajou giggled. 

"And I, you. But we probably should get out of here, before someone kicks us out for being too touchy," I chuckled. Kinkajou nodded and dragged me to the car with a smile on her face. 

Thank you so much @sm-704223 for helping me reach to 300! And thank you for supporting me . I also want to thank all my followers for being there for me throughout the years. I know that I haven't published in a while and I'm sorry. I have a lot on my mind and a bunch of school work. But you guys are the reason why I still write here because you guys support me with all your great attitudes and your supportive messages. Thank you so much again! 

~Tsunamilion or Mil as @Deacon08  likes to call me <3