Copperfly

Copper's POV

I watched Firefly intensely as she was writing math problems, our class was in the hallway doing the math that we should've done yesterday. But since Mr. Natulius was sick, we had time to do our work. I watched in awe as her blonde curly locks fell. I tried not to smile when she rubbed her temple to figure out her problem. I should probably stop staring at her. It was starting to look weird. I glanced at my work and saw the problems. Y=4x+12 (9,7). In math we trying to find the parallel line on a graph. Which wasn't that hard. It was finding the y-intercept that was hard. 

I ran my fingers through my ombre hair in frustration. How could Callista and Aaron do this?! I know they're a year older than me but still! I glanced at Firefly and found her looking out the window. She was beautiful. "Takes after her mother," Deathbringer would say. I wonder what will happen if he found out about my crush on Firefly? He'll probably kill me...yeah, most likely. I watched her carefully. 

I knew she was trying to hide her emotions so she'd seem normal but...what was she feeling? Was she as frustrated as I was with math? Suddenly, I felt the jab of someone's elbow on my side. I groaned in pain and looked at my attacker, trying not to burn them to death. 

It was Toucan, Turtle and Kinkajou's kid. "Go on!" he hissed in my ear. "You know you want to." 

"You don't know what I want," I growled. 

Toucan looked at me skeptically. "Really? I know that look. I invented that look-" 

"Yeah, for my sister," I snapped. 

"Hey, at least I wasn't a coward," Toucan hissed. He had a point. I sighed and walked over to Firefly. 

"Ahem...Firefly?" I wondered. She looked at me and raised her eyebrow. 

"Yes, Copper?" she said. 

"Do you want to work together?" I asked. Firefly didn't blink. Oh no. "Uh, we don't have to if you don't want to. It's not like you HAVE to help me because you can work on your own. Not that you need my permission. Because you don't! You know what, forget I was here-" 

"Copper," Firefly smiled. "Sure." I sighed internally and sat down next to her. "What question do you need help on?" I pointed to the problem. "Okay so...to find the parallel line you have to remember that the slope stays the same. And you have to make a new line so use the Y=Mx+b formula. So, instead of Y you put 7 and instead of X you put 9. Good. Okay now, try to solve for B." I did what she told me and got -6=B. "Perfect. So, the answer would be Y=4x-6." 

"Thanks, Firefly," I smiled. 

"You're welcome, now is there anything else you need help on? Do I need to teach you English too? Or-" I cut her off by placing my lips on hers. Firefly was surprised but sank into the kiss. She placed her hand on my cheek and kissed me back. Meanwhile, my heart was doing backflips, frontflips, twirls, and summersaults. When we pulled away, Firefly grinned and so did I. "That was good...maybe I can teach you one more thing..." she grabbed my shirt by the neckline and pulled me into a kiss. 

"So, basically you taught me to pull you in dramatically," I smirked. 

"Yes...but I could also be teaching you how to kiss better," she winked. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. 

"Well, maybe I need to be taught again," I purred. Firefly grinned and kissed me again. 

"Ahem," someone coughed. We pulled away and looked up, it was Dad. I blushed and placed my hand behind my hair. "Shouldn't you two being doing math and not making out?" Dad wondered. 

"Sorry, Dad -- uh, Mr. Clay," I said, correcting myself. Dad walked away but I saw him shake with laughter. "So...does this mean that we're together?" I asked. 

"No, I just go around kissing boys because I think it's fun," Firefly said using her sarcasm. I laughed and held her hand. Yup, Deathbringer is defiantly going to kill me.