Cleril (High School)

Clay's POV

I paced the hallway uneasily. What was this feeling? The sweaty palms and the suffocating feeling that I had in my stomach was almost unbearable. It was as if I was nervous but...I wasn't nervous about a test. I was nervous about Peril. I haven't seen her lately, it must be Charles's fault that Peril isn't talking. Charles Dickens. I hated the name. I wanted him to go into a hole and leave Peril alone! It's not hard! Just ask Tsunami and Glory! 

"Maybe I should tell Peril that I don't like him," I whispered to myself. It was night, the moon was shining as bright as the stars. I honestly didn't know why this couldn't wait until tomorrow but I had to tell Peril my opinion. Also...I found out that they were meeting here. Once again, I don't know why. 

I felt a shiver of danger run down my spine once I realized that I was in school...after hours. I felt like breaking the rules. I felt like a fugitive. I NEVER break the rules...well...unless I had to. Suddenly, I heard a piercing scream. I turned my head in that direction and started running. But as soon as I got to the person that screamed, they started laughing. 

"Charles!" squealed a girl. "We're going to get in trouble," she laughed. I looked over the corner and saw a redhead girl with Charles Dickens. I forced the tears on my eyes to not form. I recognize those red locks from anywhere. And Charles...he was like a vampire from Twilight. Pale. But gorgeous. Eyes as green as the forest and orange hair as bright as the sun. 

"I thought you liked danger," Charles slurred. I looked at the way he positioned himself against Peril. Her body against the lockers and his against hers. I covered my mouth to stop the excruciating scream that was bound to escape my mouth. 

"I do..." Peril whispered, grinning. I winced and looked at the floor. I could never give her that. I could never give Peril the danger that she wanted. I could never do what Charles does. Does that mean that I'm not worthy for her? "But...what are we really doing here?" she wondered. Charles placed her back on the ground but used his arm to block her way out. 

"I want to ask you something," he purred. I waited patiently to hear what he wanted to say. "I like you, Peril Sky. I like you a lot. I don't think I liked someone this much in my life." I looked away and faced the ground, tears spilling out of my eyes. "So...Peril Sky...will you be my girlfriend? Wow, that was cheesy," Charles breathed. 

Peril laughed. "Of course, Charles. I'll be your girlfriend. But prepare for the yelling and the word thrilling. Because you'll be getting that a lot," Peril grinned. I looked back at them but soon regretted it. The moment I looked at them, I saw Peril lock her lips with Charles passionately. She really does love him...I thought. Maybe I shouldn't have come. 

A phrase that Mother told me was, "Never show your emotions...it will only lead you to heartbreak and eventually if you aren't careful, it could lead you to suicide. That's how your sister died." Maybe I should have listened to Mother. 

I turned around and walked away. So much for love...

*Okay I know it was sad but if you feel too depressed after this just read their cute moments in Wings of Fire as Humans Book 1, 2, and 3. Sorry again if this was too sad. I just had to add something from their youth.*