"I'm sorry, I don't think I know you."

The woman froze, stunned at the ravenette's response. Lynelle became guilty and confused at the same time but she was being honest. The woman in front of her looked like she expected something else to hear from her. The ravenette took a closer look at the young woman's appearance.

'Peach-colored hair, teal eyes, wearing a brown coat, and orange-tinted sunglasses... is she the granddaughter?' She wondered. the woman's appearance definitely matched her brother's description of the granddaughter of Professor Magnolia.

"Ah! There you are, Lynelle. We've looked all over for you." Lynelle turned to see an old woman with faded peach-colored hair, wearing a lab coat, and walking with a cane. The old woman matched her brother's description of the person who was going to pick them up. Lynelle felt relieved that she and Lucario didn't have to wait longer than they needed. At the same time, she wondered how she didn't see them but they somehow saw her?

"Welcome to Galar. I'm glad to see you both safe and sound." The old woman gave Lynelle a welcoming smile and offered a handshake, which Lynelle politely shakes back. "Oh, thank you. I assume that you are Professor Magnolia that my brother told me?" Lynelle asked politely, she tried her best to not seem rude at the elder. "Yes, yes. That is correct. I am Professor Magnolia, I am a Professor and my research is heavily revolved on the special phenomenon that only occurs in the Galar region: Dynamaxing and Gigantamaxing phenomenon." Professor Magnolia smiles as she introduced herself.

Lynelle smiled back at her and then looked at the tall lady beside her. "You must be her granddaughter, Sonia, right?" Lynelle asked. The lady named Sonia looked hurt and conflicted, her eyebrows furrowed and her eyes became watery. Lynelle became worried, was it something she said? Or was she supposed to say something? Before Lynelle could ask, the Professor interrupted her.

"Lynelle, did you go to the restroom? You did spent a lot of time on that plane." Lynelle was taken aback at the old Professor's question. She looked back and forth at the two peachettes and ultimately got the hint that the Professor had something to say to her granddaughter. So, she decided to play along.

"...Right!, I do. Lu, you need a break don't you?" The ravenette grabbed Lucario's Pokéball from her pocket. The said Pokémon looked away from Lynelle as if saying no. Lynelle didn't buy it since she saw that the fighting-type had a tight grip on the handle of her suitcase. "Yeah no, I can see through you bud, Return." Bright light engulfed the Pokémon and then retreated into the Pokéball.

"If it's no too much to ask, can you watch over my luggage?" Professor Magnolia nodded in affirmation and gestured the ravenette to go on. When she finally disappeared, the old Professor turned to her granddaughter who already had small tears at the corners of her eyes.

"She forgot about me. I... kind of guess this would happen." The young lady's hands balled into fists to prevent herself from voicing out her frustration. Professor Magnolia just rubbed her granddaughter's back as reassurance. Then, with a heavy heart, she told something that she should've told granddaughter years ago.

"Lynelle and Lawrence's parents... have passed."

Sonia widened her eyes in shock. She turned to see if her grandma was lying but her grandma's face had sadness and guilt written all over. "...W-When?" Sonia asked, feeling her nails digging in the palm of her hands. "When... Lynelle was 16 years old." Sonia looked at her Grandmother in disbelief. Her grandma knew all this time and she didn't bother to tell her? She wanted to voice out her anger but they were in public space and the last thing she wants to do is making a scene.

"Why...Why are you telling me this now? You should've told me that years ago." Sonia asked again, this time, she had a slightly angry tone. "You also had a difficult time figuring out your path. I didn't want to make you worry more than you need to. Even if I did, both of us know that we can't do anything about it." Sonia flinched at her grandmother's reasoning.