Why do the people in my life keep betraying me?

When is it going to come to an end?

How am I going to put an end to all of this scheming, rivalry, and pain?

Naramdaman ko nalang ang pagkakatigil ko nang makita ko ang unti-unting pagkawala ng takot sa mukha ng Empress bago siya nang-uuyam na tinitigan ako.

"I wonder how it would have felt to see the man you love almost die in front of your eyes," she said bitterly. "It must be horrible, Empress Chin, to lose the only person you love right in front of your eyes."

Naramdaman ko nalang ang unti-unting panlalaki ng mga mata ko nang dahil sa sinabi niya.

Is she doing this because her husband, Yixing, adores me? And she wants me to go through the same pain when she lost her husband to me?

"Chuhua!" Yixing's angry voice echoed throughout the court.

She just push me to my limit.

All of the jars of patience that I've kept have all been shattered and now I have none left.

This world...is a cruel one.

And if I continue to be weak, I won't survive in this harsh world.

I've realized that in order to protect all the people that's important to me, I must become a monster myself. Ngayon ko naintindihan kung bakit naging gan'on kasama ang ugali ni Zhang Wei. Like me, he must have been betrayed so much by the people around him that it made his heart die.

Zhang Wei, I'm sorry if I only realize it now.

My lips slowly twitched into a smirk.

Nakita ko naman ang parehong pagkagulat na namutawi sa mukha nilang pareho nang dahil sa inasta ko.

I must have been so kind. That's why people around me kept hurting me. So now they will taste my wrath.

This time, I will become the villain.

"I am the Empress of Qin." I don't want to use my power but it appears that people love to push me at my limit. "And now that my husband is in a critical state and unable to exercise his power, I will become the Empress Regnant. Xing is now in Qin's hands, and so no one will question me if I release an imperial order for the execution of you both. You must understand that your lives are in my hands."

I saw pain slowly appeared in Yixing's eyes while the Empress was frozen with fear from the floor.

"And if my husband, Emperor Zhang Wei, does not open his eyes in the coming days, I will punish you by stripping you of all your titles and exiling you to a distant nation."

Matapos kong sabihin iyon ay tumalikod na ako. Pero natigil ako sa paghakbang nang maramdaman ko ang kamay na iyon na pumigil sa braso ko.

I turned around and saw Yixing's face that is full of pain.

There is this still part of me that is aching at the sight of him.

I once treated him with the utmost respect, not only as a master but as a close friend, but it is just sad that we ended up like this. A simple betrayal could make even the strongest friendship crumbling in an instant.

Now I've learned in the hardest way that no matter how special you are to a person, there will still come a time when they will betray you and break your heart.

"Chin, there is no excuse for all of the bad things that I have done. I'm sorry." The arrogant and the mischievous Emperor of Xing told those words and I can't almost believe it.