Chapter 29

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 29

There is nothing that can be heard but only the stomping of the feet of the running horses.

A group of armored soldiers was in the middle of the forest while the black flags of Qin were raised in lines. In front of them is their Emperor, who's in a hurry, and behind him is Consort Jia.

Upon arriving at the end of the road, the Emperor raised his hand as a signal. All of the soldiers behind him stopped their horses and waited for the Emperor's orders.

Zhang Wei turned to his soldiers and spoke.

"This steep part of the mountain can't be climbed by the horses," he announced. "Death Order, prepare your things and get ready to hike with me. We must find the flower before the sun sets."

Matapos marinig iyon ay mabilis na bumaba mula sa kabayo niya si Jia at buong lakas ng loob na nagsalita.

"Your majesty," she spoke. "Please allow me to accompany you on your hike. I'm the only one who knows the appearance of the flower."

Nilingon naman siya ni Zhang Wei bago nagsalita.

"Your wish is granted." He answered.

Bumaba narin ng kabayo niya si Zhang Wei kasama ang anim na myembro ng Death Order.

Matapos iyon ay inihanda na nila ang mga kagamitan na kailangan at nagsimula na silang pumasok sa loob ng madilim na kagubatan.

"Your majesty," Qingyuan spoke. "We must stay vigilant. This forest is known to be dangerous. The hunters from the nearby towns even avoided this part of the mountain."

"Qingyuan, stay close and prepare yourself for any danger." Zhang Wei spoke.

"Yes, your majesty." He replied.

They continued to walk inside the dark and quiet forest while walking in a group. Jia stayed close with Zhang Wei while the other members of the Death Order walked behind them.

The sun is shining up in the sky, but only a small amount of light was able to penetrate into the dangerous forest.

Zhang Wei is gripping his sword behind his back while cautiously walking in front of his men. The wolves that he had come to meet when he was a child were residing in another part of the forest. This part is new to him and he is unaware of the dangers brought by the unknown creatures.

He stepped on a twig, and the loud cracking sound caught the attention of something they never expected.

The next thing they heard was the loud roar of a huge forest tiger, which they unknowingly woke up by their footsteps.

The wild beast appeared in front of the Emperor and showed his fangs to scare the unwanted visitors.

"Your majesty!" Qingyuan screamed, fearing for his master's life.

There is no time to think.

Zhang Wei turned to his men and yelled.

"Run!" he ordered.

They all ran for their lives while the forest tiger ran behind them.

"Let's divide the group to separate its attention!" Zhang Wei ordered.

Zhang Wei's attention was caught by Jia's scream of fear. He has no choice but to grab his consort's hand and lead her in another direction.

The six soldiers of the Death Order ran in another direction, and that left them two running for their lives while the beast was running behind them.