Chapter 35

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 35

Zhang Wei announced that the Empress will not be dethroned and will not be executed. She will remain on her throne, but as a punishment, her whole clan will be exiled to a faraway land. This is the best thing that Zhang Wei could do to the clan who helped him on his ascent to the throne.

The whole West faction was also replaced by the new ministers that Zhang Wei appointed himself.

Now, the Empress was left alone in her palace without her father and strong clan to back her up. She retained the title of Empress, but Zhang Wei revoked all of her power and stronghold on the court.

Matapos siyang makalabas mula sa ilang araw na pananatili niya sa dungeon ay kaagad ko siyang binisita sa loob ng palasyo niya.

Kasalukuyan kaming magkatabi na nakaupo sa magandang garden ng palasyo habang nakasabit ang braso ko sa braso niya. Magsimula ng dumating ako ay palagi nalang siyang nakatulala sa malayo.

Pero ibang Empress ata ang bumalik mula sa kulungan.

"Chin, my only wish now is to live a peaceful life." She said to me that morning. "I'm now allowing his majesty to love any woman he wants."

Napanganga naman ako mula sa tabi niya at hindi makapaniwalang napatingin sa maganda niyang mukha.

Diyos ko po, ano bang ginawa ng Zhang Wei na iyon sa Empress?! Bakit bigla nalang siyang lumambot?!

Where has that meticulous and evil Empress gone from the palace?!

"H-hindi!" agad na pag-alsa ko atsaka siya tinitigan ng diretso. "H-hindi ka pwedeng mabuhay ng peaceful!"

Tama, kapag bumait siya ay mawawalan na ng kontrabida ang manhwa. What will happen to the manhwa without its lead antagonist? Tuluyan na bang masisira ang plot ng story?!

Gulat naman siyang napatingin sa akin ng dahil sa reaksyon ko.

"What do you mean by that, Chin?" She asked in her unfamiliar soft voice. "I only want His Majesty to be happy."

Mabilis akong napatayo at hindi parin makapaniwalang napatitig sa mukha niya.

"I-I mean, dapat hindi ka parin pumapayag na mapunta sa ibang babae ang Emperor!" taranta ko paring wika. "Hindi ka pwedeng makuntento nalang!"

Hindi pa sila nagkakagulo ni Jia.

She never even got the chance to plot against her.

What is happening here?

Tuluyan na bang nasira ang manhwa? Kasalanan ko ba 'to? Is Zhang Wei's feelings for me totally changed the whole course of the story?

Only a smile appeared on her face before she sighed in relief. Then she gently took my hand and pressed it.

"Chin," she said, then looked up at me. "My time in the dungeon made me realize a lot of things. I don't want to live like I was before. I've realized that living such a life is meaningless. I only want to spend my time within the palace with a heart full of content. If his majesty won't see me as his wife, I'd gladly let him go and let him be happy with someone else."

No, no, no. This can't be happening!

How can an antagonist live a normal life inside the palace? Paano na ang plot ng manhwa? So, mai-inlove nalang ba si Zhang Wei kay Jia na wala man lang challenges sa pag-iibigan nila? Gan'on ba iyon?

"And besides..." she spoke so softly that her voice was tearing my heart apart. "I'd be glad to see his majesty be happy with you, Chin. I won't wish for anything else in this world than to see both of you living a happy life within the palace."