Chapter 44

The Wolf King and I
Chapter 44

The news that a low-ranking consort was promoted to an Imperial Noble Consort spread like a wildfire within the palace.

I heard that Jia was transferred to the Jade palace, which is one of the most beautiful places in Qin. This is the same palace where she lived before she became the new Empress of the manhwa.

Ang lahat ng mayroon sa manhwa ay nagsisimula ng mangyari ngayon. At wala akong ibang magawa kundi ang panoorin nalang ang lahat. Ano ba ang magagawa ko? I'm just a side character here, and I'm supposed to follow the original plot.

Noong umagang iyon ay naisipan kong bisitahin si Jia sa bagong palasyo niya. She and I became closer after the late Empress died, and I want to congratulate her on her promotion.

Ngunit pagdating ko doon ay napatigil din ako sa paglalakad nang madatnan ko ang grupo ng mga consorts na nagbubulungan sa labas ng palasyo niya.

I heard one consort speak, "I heard that his majesty stayed the night with her."

"She's so lucky to have the Emperor's favor."

"But what about her highness, Chin?"

My hearing perked up when I heard my name. Pero kaagad ko ding pinagsisihan na nagpunta pa ako doon nang marinig ko ang sumunod nilang sinabi.

"Don't mention that wench, it's only right that his majesty lost his interest in her."

Pain shot through me.

Napayuko nalang ako habang nag-aalala namang napatingin sa akin si Mei.

"Your highness..." Mei worriedly spoke. "I think it is better for you to get some rest inside your palace."

Nilingon ko naman si Mei at binigyan siya ng isang payak na ngiti.

"I'm okay, Mei." I comforted her. "I need to visit Jia. She must be so lonely now with her new palace."

Isang nag-aalalang tingin naman ang naisagot niya sa akin.

Napalingon ako ulit sa grupo ng mga Consorts na nagbubulungan parin sa harapan ko. Mukhang hindi parin nila napapansin na nasa likuran lang nila ako.

"We must swear our alliance with Jia. I bet now that she has his majesty's attention, she will replace Chin as the new Empress."

"We must choose Jia's side—-"

"Shut your mouth, you dirty wench!" An angry voice suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Kaagad akong napalingon sa pinagmulan ng boses at nagulat ako nang makita ang galit na galit na mukha ni Daiyu.

Pa-marcha siyang naglakad patungo sa mga nagbubulungan na consort at nang makita siya ng mga ito ay kaagad na yumuko ang mga ito sa takot.

She's a high-ranking consort, and that is enough reason for the other women inside this palace to tremble with her sight.

"You arrogant fools!" Daiyu angrily yelled "How dare you slander her majesty?! Do you have any death wishes?! Don't you know that any disrespect to the new Empress will cost you your heads?!"

Hindi ko naman mapigilang mapatulala sa magandang mukha niya na nasira ng sobrang galit.

Daiyu...

Mabilis naman silang lahat na lumuhod sa harapan niya.

"We deserve death, your highness!" they chorused.

"Get out of my sight!" she angrily yelled. "And never appear in front of me again!"

Hindi ko akalain na sa likuran na mala-anghel niyang ganda ay gan'on siya magalit.