She chose to come here to be with them. Waka's been the closest one to her next to Shin so she thought it will be fine. And yet her feelings seem to be telling her otherwise. She felt stupid for choosing to act like how she was before with him when clearly it hurts her more now than before.

"You've been moving on from him for almost a year already. You'll be fine!"

Shinichiro's words echoed in her mind as his reassuring smile popped up. She smiled sadly to herself in comfort.

"I'll be fine."

A little while later on Wakasa's side, he sat down at a table with the girl on the opposite side eating peacefully. This is exactly what they came here for. To date. To get to know each other more. To build a bond and enjoy their time with each other. And yet no matter how tasty the food is, he can't seem to find his appetite.

All he could think of was Y/N being alone in his home. Because he knows to himself that she's not used to being alone. Just then, a memory flashed in his mind.

"Well, from now on, we'll be eating together since I'll be staying here with you!"

"Fumiko..." he called out to the girl who looked up at him innocently. "I hate to say this but I really don't think this will work." It's not that it's impossible for it to work. He just knows he has no interest for this girl and can't seem to bring himself to like her in an intimate manner. "This thing between us whatever it is."

"What do you mean?" Fumiko threw him a confused and bothered look while processing his words in her mind. She already got the hint but wanted to confirm it somehow. He let out a sigh before adding.

"I'm sorry but... I really don't see you anything more than a friend." He felt like he isn't ready to engage in such relationship yet. He finds himself more engrossed at the sudden return of his friend. He doesn't feel like dealing with more.

"I see." He looked up to see Fumiko tapping a napkin on her lips before speaking. "It's because of that girl earlier, right?"

"What?" He blinked.

"The one who claimed to be your fiancé jokingly." She smiled and Waka's eyes widen in realization.

"N-No, that's not it—"

"You would've reacted the moment she did that if it were not true. Rather, you let her claim you as hers right in front of me who just asked you out." Fumiko laughed softly to push the awkwardness away. Wakasa felt his throat go dry, knowing she's got a point. It was just another dumb prank of Y/N's but it didn't even piss him off a bit earlier. He can't tell exactly what the reason is for him to be able to keep up with the girl's childish behaviour now. All he suspected was that it's probably because he didn't have her annoy him for years.

"That's not really... I'm just used to her teasing me all the time." He replied, finally finding the words to say after being taken aback by her words.

"If I truly had a chance with you, you would've denied her claim quick." She sighed disappointingly before smiling at him. "But it's fine. I think she's a good person." She started digging into her bag for something as she spoke. "Make sure you pursue her, okay?" Wakasa was out of words when she mentioned it as if he had plans on pursuing Y/N in that way. It was then that she placed the bill on the table that he realised she's already leaving.

"I wish you two the best." Were her last words to him before leaving their table.

"Wait! Fumiko!" He tried to call out to her but she didn't bother to turn to look at him anymore and instead continued to walk faster and away from him.

He felt guilty that he had to make a girl feel that way. As he took his time alone reflecting on what just happened, he didn't realise the time and only snapped out of his trance when his phone sounded with a notification that he finally noticed.

"I need to go." He muttered to himself and quickly paid for the food and made his way out.

However, on the road he got stuck on a very busy road when a commotion happened on the way.

"Damned traffic." Was all he could mumble.

Meanwhile at the end of the stairs, Y/N sat with her eyelids already drooping down as she waited for the man. For the tenth time, she looked up at the clock to see it's already late and only sighed when the door made no sign of another person coming in.

"Is he not home yet?"

Just when her consciousness is slowly fading, she heard the door close gently. She quickly jumped to her feet and made her way towards the entrance and saw Wakasa taking off his shoes. She grinned widely when finally, he came.

"WELCOME HOME!! Your date took too long! I've been waiting." Wakasa almost jumped at her energetic tone. He looked up at her wide-eyed in surprise that she's still awake at a late hour and to think that she even waited for him.

Y/N went on to take his jacket from him before asking.

"By the way, have you eaten dinner yet? I prepared one and heaten up some leftovers. You can join me if you want." She offered.

He stared at her with soft eyes, feeling touched at her action. Base on what she said, it was already obvious she didn't eat yet and chose to wait for him in case he hasn't had dinner as if it's still not late for that. For her to treat him this way after a seemingly mentally tiring day was something that warmed his heart. He can only remember one time he was treated this warmly when coming home and it was when his mother was still alive.

And now Y/N is here with him making him feel nostalgic all of a sudden. His eyes started to warm when in a split second he saw his mother on her and unconsciously he spoke.

"I'm home."

"Huh?" She shot him a confused look while tilting her head to the side, failing to hear what he just said.

"I said no, I haven't had dinner yet." He lied. And he didn't regret it one bit when he saw how her face brightened at his response.

"Then let's eat together as promised!" That's right. They promised to eat together always now. No wonder she waited for him no matter how late it already is.

As he followed her, he noticed something when the kitchen light shone brightly on her face.

"What happened to your eyes?" He asked and Y/N raised her brows at him, puzzled.

"What's with my eyes?"

Wakasa didn't even bother to answer her question and walked up to her, tilting her chin up with his finger and placed a hand on her cheek while observing her puffy looking eyes.

"Did you cry?" He asked in concern. He doesn't know why she would cry. He could only think that she had another breakdown like her first day here but Y/N answered differently.

"Oh this! Well, I accidentally sprayed myself while cleaning. I didn't realize I was holding the spray to the wrong direction." She laughed and pulled away from his touch and started preparing the plates. "But it's fine now. My eyesight is still intact I guess." She shrugged and sat down.

Wakasa is clearly aware of her lying so boldly like this when there isn't a spray in his place when he ran out of one the day before she came here. It was obvious she was making up excuses.

But nonetheless, he decided not to push the thought when he saw her getting uncomfortable about the subject.

"Is that so?"

However he can't help but worry and glance at her from time to time and can't help but wonder.

'Y/N...'

'Why are you lying?'

__________
Author's Note:
Okayyy, this turned out longer than I expected. I hope you didn't get bored in this chapter. 'Til next update!