Cold Day In The Sun|M.S

-PUBLISHED: 1st December 2021

- 📖WORD COUNT: 792 Words

- 📚SUMMARY- Just a small imagine. Reader has OCD (I'm not diagnosed but it's based off my experiences).
When a major thunderstorm arrives (you hate thunder and lightning) Mike is there to comfort you.

- ⚠️WARNINGS - Phobia of thunder and lightning, Heartbreak from memories.

- 🎭GENRE - Fluff, Hurt.

- 📢A/N - Once upon a time, this was a half written Zemo fanfic but I've revamped and repurposed it! I hope you enjoy whilst I write your requests :)
Was meant to be pure fluff, but I felt adventurous. I think it went a bit fast at the end, so please give me constructive criticism!

 I think it went a bit fast at the end, so please give me constructive criticism!

You wrap the quilt around you tightly, earning a groan from Mike. The low rumble from the distant thunder had awoken you and you couldn't get back asleep.

Just as you felt your eyes drooping, you felt something claw at the cover that you were clinging onto for dear life.

"Sorry", you mumble, before untucking the blanket from under you and sharing it with him as he pulled you close. So close, in fact, that the smell of his Tea Tree shower wash was almost nauseating.

Even though your face was buried in his chest, you still heard the deep growls of the thunder, and the lightning was imminent.

Lightning was probably one of your biggest fears. It's unpredictability left you worried that it was going to strike your house or worse, you. You always made sure that as soon as you heard the thunder, you unplugged every appliance in the house and never used the sink because you'd 'better be safe, than sorry'. The phrase was engraved in your mind, and your OCD didn't help you to forget about it.

You had a routine every night, no matter the weather or mood you were in. First, you made sure all the plugs, taps and gas hobs were off, before pulling on every handle for the doors and windows at least 20 times to ensure nobody was to break in. After that, you'd turn off the lights and run off upstairs, away from any windows, where you'd find Mike drifting off in bed. It'd taken him a while to get used to your routine and he knows that your brain is wired to feel like the rituals you do were necessary to live a healthy, safe life. Of course that wasn't true, you knew it, but it's like your thoughts and your brain are two whole different things. It's a constant mind battle.

You felt a warm hand rest on top of your head, stroking your hair like you were a cat. Oh, how you wished you could be a little kitten with no worries in the world.

He raised his head to press his lips against your temple as if he had telepathy, this was how he calmed you down. You could feel the curve of his smile against your head. His joy was your joy, you felt each others emotions as if you inherited the same brain - so naturally, your lips turned into a soft smile.

"It can't strike us in here, bunny.", his voice growled as it does when he's tired, before he huffed a laugh, "Unless you're a robot in disguise-"

"Mike, I'm no transformer. Unless you mean how I can go from cute and innocent to hot and sexy-"

He pecked your lips before you could say anything else, lifting your chin to face him with his finger, "Let's keep it fluffy and cute because I'm too tired", he whined.

You just smiled as you looked into each others souls, admiring the beautiful brown eyes of your husband- and letting the joy and happiness pour into your heart like water in a glass. Just looking at him was enough to make you see stars, you thank God that you found each other.

As you rested your head back onto his chest, he wrapped his arms around your body, shielding you from everything. If you were to be held any closer, you'd literally crush his vital organs. His breathing was slow and deep, he must've nearly drifted off.

You went to sleep that night with nothing but contentment in your heart and love in your mind as the thunder continued to rumble in the background. The occasional lightning strike would illuminate his beautifully childlike face before plunging the room into darkness again.

~°°~°°~°°~°°~°°~°°~°°~

You jolted awake at about 3 in the morning, just like every other night. Tears pricked your eyes and your jaw tightened in frustration as the memories forfronted your mind. When would they end?

You looked to the left of the bed, feeling the chilly spring air on your uncovered legs and arms as you let the tears roll down your cold cheeks.

He was taken too young.

Your heart ached more and more with each dream you had about him. He wasn't here anymore, so why did your subconscious play tricks on you every night?

The only thoughts that riddled your mind that night kept you awake until the sun rose.

Just like every day, it was going to be another cold day in the sun.