Panic Attack|C.B| PROLOGUE

It was the night before your first ever show, and you where pissing yourself. Of course you weren't, but that would be the only way to describe the anxiety you felt.

Due to being utterly humiliated in front of your whole school during a school talent show, you vowed never to perform before more than 5 people ever again. You simply couldn't face it. And here you where, in a freaking band, on tour and about to perform your first show tomorrow.

// PROLOGUE \\

You joined the band a year ago. Your best friend and music tutor, Mike Shinoda, was one of the band's vocalists - he also played guitar, piano and helped produce their tracks. You had only heard of a couple of Linkin Park's singles on the radio, so you never clocked in the fact that Mike was apart of the band - you couldn't believe that it was him when he showed you the music video for 'One Step Closer'.

Something else caught your eye when you watched that tape - Chester. He had an amazing voice and he looked pretty cute aswell. (The flying monk people definitely stole your attention, too.)

A couple months after Mike became your music tutor, you moved back to your hometown in England, to catch up with your family and friends and to tell them that your new bestfriend from America was in Linkin Park- your sister didn't believe you, so when Mike sent you a video saying happy birthday to your sister, she screamed.

A year later, on October 12th 2001, you moved back to Agoura Hills in Cali. You had rented the same studio apartment you had before and was looking for a job. Soon enough, you found a local bar who needed a bartender - it was only a 15 minute drive away.

You had a strange experience working at that bar. It opened your eyes to a lot of things, especially the fact that the majority of people in your area are jerks. People rarely used their manners and some even harassed you, which caused you to leave the bar and find work in other places.

The endless cycle of getting a job and hating it (and the fact that you'd lost contact with Mike a couple months after you moved to England) was starting to catch up on you.

Soon, clothes began to litter your bedroom floor. You began to lose weight and you found no motivation or energy in yourself to get out of bed or even call your family. You where isolated, in a pit of dispair, with nobody to care about you and no money to help you get back on your feet.

Mike began to grow worried after not hearing from you, so he contacted your sister. When she told him that you'd moved back to Augora Hills six months ago, he couldn't believe it. You'd been here the whole time? He even came to your apartment block to check if you where there, since you'd lost contact, but nobody ever answered.

- Flashback- brought to you by me thinking that adding a flashback into a prologue is a stupid idea, which it might well be.

It was a chilly Wednesday afternoon, May 20th, and you'd woken up to the sound of banging on your door. You rolled over, landing on the floor in a tangle with your duvet, and sluggishly shuffled to the door.

You tried to look through the peephole, but soon realised that you'd covered the glass up with a lick of paint to avoid seeing your nosy neighbour - she loved to knock on your door to 'see how you are' - as if you weren't snooping, Anna.

You resorted to just asking for who it was.

"Who is it?", you croaked, realising how dry your throat felt.

"Y/n, it's Mike. What the fuck is going on? You went to England and then I completely lost contact with you! Please open the door-"

You unlocked the door and opened it, seeing his worried face and a mess of undied, unspiked hair. On the outside, it was a different Mike. He looked so fresh and young, foreign, almost. But at the same time, the sense of familiarity he brought was almost overwhelming to you - you hadn't seen anyone in months and this sudden encounter made you realise how much you'd missed the interaction with people in general.