NINE

Lyndy opened the door to her fathers room, him telling her the night before where he would be

Lyndy opened the door to her fathers room, him telling her the night before where he would be. She tip toed over and climbed onto the trunk at the end of the bed, not surprised when she saw the man next to him he had talked about often.

The little girl held onto the bed post, letting her small feet stand on the end. Her small smirk getting her excited as she launched her body into the air and landed on both men, "ITS CHRISTMAS DADDY! SANTA!"

Sirius jolted up along with the other man who looked stunned. She climbed in between them and under the covers. "I mean it is Christmas but we're the only ones awake." Sirius chuckled as he laid down next to the girl smiling at her excitement. "I haven't had a Christmas in three years."

"I promise you'll love this one." Sirius assured.

"I have a question."

"Shoot."

"Not for you." The girl covered her fathers mouth.

Remus smirked, turning on his side, "shoot." he copied.

"Why do you have so many scars? Is it because your a werewolf?" The girl asked, the man coming to terms with more than Sirius knew when he answered the question.

"Yeah, I am but you don't need to be afraid, I'm not a monster."

"I know, your nice and going to be my other dad, right?"

Remus looked up at Sirius giving him a questioning look. "We are dating, it just depends on if he wants to be."

"Well, only if your comfortable with that." Remus spoke directly to the little girl, then looked to Sirius who nodded back.

"I think it's great, mommy's are cool and all but daddy's are way more fun. Not that I would be a good judge, I've never had a mum."

"Well, Remus will be like your mum." Lyndy giggled at her fathers words not knowing that this was truly the beginning of something, that yes, life brings hard times and they would deal with it in the future but for know they could just be happy, the three lying next to one another talking as the snow fell outside.

Lyndy covered her eyes just like her father had asked her to do, the man coming into the room with a few presents unwrapped, "sorry loves but I don't know how to wrap."

"Tis okay."

The man placed the abundance of presents in front of her, all held together my a tin bin, everything she had ever asked for since they met. "Open your eyes Lyndy."

The small girl smiled down at everything immediately picking up the Alice in Wonderland book, "you remembered."

"It may seem like I'm not listening when you talk but I am, you just say a lot of words." Sirius chuckled.

"Your a chatter box Lyndy." Harry smirked at her, hoping his comment has some type of effect on her but the girl simply rolled her eyes, "at least my words have meaning, your simply reflect the fact your brain is the size of a pea."

"What?" Harry asked tilting his head to the side.

"I rest my case."

Christmas Day went on, meals being served and eaten all together. Time outside in the snow with snow ball fights, making snow men and skating on the pond. Lyndy baked with Euphemia and Lily and helped clean up. Books and toys were read and played with from the mornings events and Lyndy had finally found her reading partners, spreading her body on top of Remus and Lily reading Alice and wonderland to herself. The small girl a
So draped her body over Sirius claiming that her snowman was a snow women and that it was anti feminist to call them all snowmen.

Bickering between Harry and Lyndy seemed endless, every time the little girl would win and Harry would be left confused leaving the adults to chuckle and Ron and Neville to try and explain only leaving the three more confused.

And the day ended with desert and a movie, the girl on her stomach looking up and sitting next to Ginny who kept whispering in her ear, finding out that she was her first ever friend and the only other girl.

"Lyndy?"

"What do you want Harold?"

"To win. You keep confusing me and it isn't fair."

"The day you win is the day something dark dies." This time Lyndy didn't understand her own words but they couldn't have been any truer, and they were simply forgotten.